|Senior Full Stack Developer (React, Node.js), Scotia Digital (Remote Vancouver Hub)|
Senior Full Stack Developer (React, Node.js), Scotia Digital (Remote Vancouver Hub)
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Requisition ID: 131099
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
At Scotia Digital, we design and build digital capabilities to promote the financial wellbeing of our customers. Reinventing customer experience starts here — and it starts with you.
The Digital Risk Team is a partnership between Scotiabank’s Global Risk Management team and Scotia Digital Engineering. Our team is working to help modernize the bank’s credit approval strategies and processes, while bringing change and innovation to help drive business value and become an industry leader in how we make credit decisions for our partners. A Scotia Digital engineer working on this project will collaborate with team members as well as other teams in the bank to improve, test, realize and analyze the real time performance of new credit approval strategies.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Lead development activities as the senior member of the scrum team, planning and executing to meet sprint objectives as well as program/project milestones
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Collaborate with the Scrum team to plan milestones, successfully execute software delivery, and escalate issues as needed
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment
Where could you work? Both at home and in the office.
We’re working towards a future that is digital by default and creating a local Hub in Vancouver.
This hybrid role offers the opportunity both to work remotely and head to the Hub to collaborate in person, co-creating a cohesive and inclusive culture with your Vancouver team.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed? We’d love to work with you if you have:
- Working knowledge of the following: Mongo & React
- Cloud Foundry (PCF) or other applicable cloud services
- In depth knowledge of programming languages, frameworks, utilities, and other technologies used by the team Excellent communication skills with ability to influence decision making across stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills with ability to influence decision making across stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to lead team members with differing opinions and levels of experience
- Project management skills to map and execute short and long term plans for the team
- Effective organization, planning, and time management skills
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You’ll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.