|Senior Business Systems Analyst, Scotia Digital(Remote Vancouver Hub)|
Senior Business Systems Analyst, Scotia Digital(Remote Vancouver Hub)
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Requisition ID: 131177
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
We are investing heavily in order to become the leader in digital banking space, and we are launching multiple initiatives to do so. You will have a unique chance to help one of the fastest-growing business units become a leader. You will help scale, enable, and drive online & mobile development excellence as our team continues to deliver innovative solutions to Scotia customers.
In this role, you will:
- Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
- Be the bridge between multiple parties including: our business, control functions, technology partners and our engineering teams, responsible for delivering exciting products in the Digital Banking Unit
- Help scale, enable, and drive online & mobile development excellence as our team continues to deliver innovative solutions to Scotia customers
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- 3+ years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst in a challenging IT system solution agile or lean environment
- Having an Engineering or Computer Science degree, and pride yourself on analysis, logical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Notice all the little details for every document / requirement / conversation that comes across you, and it drives you crazy that others cannot keep everything consistent
- Do good work, and lots of if; the drive to deliver quality work is just a part of you
- Able to simplify complex situations and navigate ambiguity
- Excellent understanding and experience with microapps and Microservices architecture
- Understanding of JAVA/J2EE, PL/SQL, WebServices- RESTFUL / SOAP (XML & JSON)- OpenAPI and OAuth2.0
- Good Understanding of with JIRA, Confluence, JAMA, SVN Revision Control, Eclipse, TOAD, PL/SQL Developer, MS Office suite, MS Project, Postman, MySQL Workbench
- Familiarity of batch integration patterns, secure file transfer protocols, data security standards.
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent — not just a job — so you can grow with us. We’ll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center
- Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.