Company : Chamber of Commerce for Greater Moncton
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
FUTURE LINK is a new initiative launched by the Chamber of Commerce for Greater Moncton (CCGM) with support from Future NB, provincial business organizations and the province's four publicly funded universities. FUTURE LINK is a direct response to help local businesses transition to a new normal postCOVID-19. With a boost from local student talent, employers can begin discovering and acting on solutions to new and future business challenges. Working with Future NB, CCGM was able to place two Mount Allison (MTA) students who supported eight Chamber members over the course of their placement last year. The initial success of the program and with support from Future NB, the New Brunswick Business Council, and the Conseil Économique du Nouveau Brunswick, led CCGM to expand the program to include Chambers across New Brunswick and all four publicly-funded university students, namely, Mount Allison, St. Thomas, University of New Brunswick, and Université de Moncton.
Reporting to CCGM's Director of Operations, you will be responsible for developing and leading processes and partnerships to ensure a successful expansion and execution of FUTURE LINK. You must build relationships (in French and English) with New Brunswick Chambers, Chambers Members, Universities, students, and government.
Key to this role is working across sectors to bridge the gap between employer engagement and student access to meaningful experiential learning opportunities. The intent is to build a model for chambers and small/medium sized companies to engage student talent and to build a culture in New Brunswick, where employers are connecting with their future talent pipeline and students are gaining the skills and experience necessary to succeed in the future world of work.
Term: Contract, Full time, 12 months
Location: Moncton, New Brunswick (remote work is also an option)
- Oversee the execution and administration of FUTURE LINK with the New Brunswick Business Council, Conseil Économique, GNB, and the four publicly-funded universities. This includes employer and student recruitment and support, regular reporting, tracking of finances, and coordination with funding partners.
- Develop strong and trusted relationships with Chamber members, employers, university Future NB leads, and government. Act as the liaison between industry, academia, and government.
- Oversee the execution of project administration with the delivery partners. Ensure partners have the appropriate placement documentation, placement contracts, and supporting
- Support Chamber members in accessing, identifying, and matching with student talent.
- Act as the point of contact for students and chamber members pre-, during, and post-placements.
- Presentations and report updates, as required to funders, as well as New Brunswick employers.
- Coordinate and facilitate workshops and meetings with employers and students, as required.
- Work with Future NB and CCGM to develop and execute marketing and marketing materials.
- Provide weekly updates to the CCGM CEO, and as required with other partners, monthly and quarterly reporting.
Skills, Capabilities and Experience:
- Experience working with project/program management processes
- Attention to detail and bias towards action
- Collaboration and ongoing communication and relationship management with partners
- Marketing and communications
- Proficiency in both French and English is required (written and spoken)
- Interest in project management and using project management discipline
- An understanding of how to initiate, plan, manage and close collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- Experience dealing with private sector and government
- Storytelling, writing, and digital tools an asset
The candidate will have proven leadership and interpersonal skills as well as strong written and verbal communications skills. The ability to effectively make critical decisions, communicate with leaders and decision makers, demonstrate leadership and teamwork is required.
This position may include domestic travel within New Brunswick.
Salary: Competitive remuneration based on experience, including benefits.
Application Deadline: Please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] by end of day, Friday, Jan. 21.