New Job Private Banking Associate In Ontario
|Private Banking Associate|
Private Banking Associate
Company : CIBC
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be Doing
You will provide administrative and sales support to one or more Private Banking Advisors. As a Private Banking Associate, you will provide exceptional service to Private Banking clients by assisting them with their transactional banking needs and responding to their queries. This could include lending, borrowing, investing or commercial lending needs.
How You’ll Succeed
- Client Service – Greet customers arriving for meetings and arrange contact with appropriate individual. Effectively deal with any client issues, concerns or problems promptly or refer to others as appropriate. Service the financial needs of existing clients when the Private Banking Advisor is not available (including sale of high value products and services within established guidelines).
- Operational Excellence - Respond to incoming telephone calls and clients requests to process wires/cables and visa, tax and bill payments, and ensure requests get completed. Manage all fax requests for money orders, drafts, currency exchanges, etc. and ensure all requests are ready for customer to pick up in the branch. Complete complex investigations for clients concerning account activity.
- Sales Support – Support Private Banking Advisor in the management of their portfolios by reviewing all customer documentation with respect to compliance with regulations and bank policies. Coordinate communication to customers regarding obtaining necessary financial information for completion of credit renewals, reviews and temporary overdraft protection. Monitor diary for upcoming maturities/renewals/expiries and advise the Private Banking Advisor.
- Administrative Support – Assist the Client Service Manager in rolling out special marketing or client events, and ensure the marketing material is current. Carry out a range of activities related to building and maintaining deposits as well as investment accounts. Process look-ups and provide information on accounts, loans and process cheque orders, and input credit details and loan notes into system.
In a hybrid Private Banking Centre
may be required to manage a teller position ; may be required to balance cash and assist other tellers with their balancing routines
Who You Are
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- You can demonstrate experience with loan, mortgage, and investment products sufficient to respond to general customer inquiries. Working knowledge of branch routine and operations of other departments and CIBC partners, sufficient to address client inquires adequately and/or refer to appropriate source.
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You a certified professional. You have, or are working towards, your Canadian Securities Course (CSC) and Conduct & Practices Handbook (CPH). Investment Representative (IR) or Registered Representative (RR) licensing considered an asset.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What you need to know
CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact [email protected]
You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
CIBC is committed to doing our part to protect our team, our clients and our communities. We want to ensure we have a safe and healthy workplace, and we want to do our part to get through this pandemic. In keeping with this commitment, and as a condition of employment, CIBC requires all successful candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date, or provide written proof of a medical exemption, or other substantiated accommodation request under applicable human rights legislation.
Job LocationToronto-CC North 1st Floor
Please Allow Popup for Apply Window