New Job Pay And Benefits Specialist In Yukon
|Pay and Benefits Specialist|
Pay and Benefits Specialist
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $64,333 - $74,460 a year
Location : Yukon
Who we are…
We are passionate about our people, and we strive to build a workplace that’s inclusive, respectful and continuously improving. We do this through maintaining internal HR systems, policies and collective agreements and providing human resources advice and support to departments and employees.
The Compensation and Classification branch provides professional and integrated classification, compensation, pay, payroll, pension and benefit administration services to support fair, equitable and consistent compensation for Yukon public service employees. We also administer the terms and conditions of employment for management employees.
The Pay & Benefits Specialist is responsible for processing employees benefit and compensation information in accordance with collective agreements, as well as federal and territorial legislation and polices. Working in a team environment Pay & Benefit Specialists utilize various resources and computer applications to ensure employees receive correct remuneration and benefits.
Our ideal candidate is motivated by a face-paced and deadline driven environment. Your ability to establish relationships and collaborate with others is key to your success. Further, you are adaptable and keen to providing excellent client service.
Important application requirements:
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet each of the following qualifications. Emphasize how your work experiences and related duties align with the essential and asset qualifications listed below. Note that selection for further consideration is based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
Include the month and year you started and ended a job when you list your work experience. This allows us to accurately calculate the length of time you were in the position.
For more information on how to prepare and submit your resume visit this resource page on Yukon.ca.
- Coursework in Finance, Business Admin, Payroll/Compensation or equivalent program.
- Experience working in an office processing high volume information and documentation; and providing direct client service (preferably human resource, finance or pay and benefits related field)
- Experience using a variety of computer applications, including an electronic pay system, preferably PeopleSoft.
- Familiarity or working knowledge of Collective Agreements; or Acts, Regulations, or policies related to employee pay & benefits
Candidates who have education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above may be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
To best support the achievement of key strategic and business objectives, candidates may be assessed on:
- Promoting common values and ethics
- Modeling interpersonal skills and personal responsibility
- Thinking Strategically
- Developing people
- Ability to generate solutions to problems
- Ability to gather information effectively
- Ability to pay close attention to details
Job Requirements: this position works in an office environment
If you have questions about our recruitment process, please contact: Cassandra Henderson at [email protected] or 867-667
Please Allow Popup for Apply Window