|Paralegal / Senior Paralegal|
Paralegal / Senior Paralegal
Company : Ivanhoe Cambridge
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$60,4 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2020 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Legal Affairs
Position type : Salaried
Reporting to the Senior Director, Legal Affairs and Assistant Secretary, you will work closely with all of the team’s paralegals and various departments across the organization, including Finance, Treasury and Taxation, as well as external law firms. As such, you will have the opportunity to become acquainted with corporations operating in foreign jurisdictions, participate in a range of transactions (acquisitions, dispositions, corporate restructurings, financing deals, etc.) and help plan board and shareholder meetings. Key duties include the following:
- Maintain the corporate books and records of private and public entities based in Canada and elsewhere, including yearly reports, banking affairs and documentation regarding the flow of funds, in collaboration, as required, with select external consultants,
- Oversee procedures related to ISDA master agreements;
- Gather requested information concerning the group’s entities for due diligence purposes in connection with transactions, banking matters and other operations;
- Regularly update the database (EnAct), as well as lists and organizational charts for the group’s companies;
- Coordinate board and shareholder meetings for select entities, and prepare and review relevant documents in collaboration with paralegals and colleagues in the Montreal and international offices, as required, as well as external consultants and various departments within the organization (Finance, Treasury, Taxation and so forth);
- Perform the necessary tasks to carry out specified transactions (including acquisition, disposition and capitalization transactions; dividends and loan agreements; incorporations and dissolutions; corporate restructurings; and mergers) in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders;
- Follow up on matters related to private real estate funds located in various jurisdictions;
- Serve as the point person for accessing corporate and legal paperwork;
- Participate in the Secretariat’s special projects related to corporate matters and the development of workflow processes aimed at improving the services provided.
- College diploma in paralegal technology;
- Five to seven years of specific experience in corporate law as a paralegal;
- Experience in foreign corporate law, an asset;
- Thorough command of MS Office, Outlook and EnAct;
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English, with excellent grammatical skills;
- Proven aptitude for, and interest in, analyzing and reviewing legal documentation;
- Interest in new technological tools and special projects, an asset;
- Thorough, highly disciplined self-starter with strong communication and organizational skills.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
YOU HAVE EVERYTHING TO GAIN!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.
Ivanhoé Cambridge’s commitment to diversity and inclusion spans the breadth of its operations. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We take pride in creating a working environment where everyone is set up for success. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially .