New Job Packing Operator In New Brunswick
Company : McCain Fertilizer, a division of McCain Produce Inc.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
Position Title: Packing Operator
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time
Position Location: McCain Farms
Requisition ID: 14007
For over 100 years, McCain Produce Inc., a private family owned company and an industry leader in quality, has delivered top-quality potatoes across the globe satisfying cravings for one of the world’s most popular vegetables. This foundation plus its association with its parent company – McCain Foods Limited – provides McCain Produce with an unrivalled global reach. The end result: McCain Produce customers enjoy ”best practice” benefits unmatched by few others in the industry. From selling table potatoes to providing top quality inputs to our grower partners, McCain Produce is truly an agricultural leader in the potato industry.
We are currently seeking a Packing Operator at our Monquart, NB packing shed location. This fulltime hourly position reports directly to the Packing Shed Manager.
- Responsible to follow ALL Safety Policy and Procedures as outlined by the Company, this will include strict adherence to all COVID 19 Safety Protocols
- Aid in palletizing 50 lb. bags and or boxes of potatoes with a robot.
- Responsible for packaging and quality of each unit.
- Ensure date is stamped on packaged product.
- Responsible for some sanitation duties
- Operate various packaging equipment in the shed.
- Troubleshoot, adjust and maintain packaging equipment as required.
- Receive and organize production of orders to be completed each day.
- Monitor packaging inventory for the equipment being operated.
- Working in a fast-paced team environment
- Participate in Team meetings, as required.
- Communicate with supervisor regarding equipment and production problems.
- All additional duties as they become assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Grade 12 education or GED preferred
- Ability to work well with or without supervision and other employees
- Team player with excellent attendance
- Highly motivated, observant with good initiative and a positive attitude.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment adapting to and embracing change as it occurs.
- Willing to work some evenings and weekends.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must possess a good safety record and demonstrate “safety first’’ on a continual basis.
- Ability to work varying hours, including some Saturdays and evenings as required
The above information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Agriculture
Division: McCain Produce & Fertilizer
Department: McCain Farms Packing Shed
Location(s): CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Florenceville-Bristol
Company: McCain Fertilizer, a division of McCain Produce Inc.
Please Allow Popup for Apply Window