Company : City of Edmonton
Salary : $38.71 - $48.36 an hour
Location : Alberta
At the City of Edmonton - Parks & Roads Services, the long-term success of serving our citizens is implemented by the actions of exceptional employees who exemplify our Cultural Commitments of being Safe, Helpful, Accountable and Excellent. As an employee in our branch, this position's role will be to cultivate our vision and cultural commitments while championing continuous improvement.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Business Performance & Analytics, the Operations Analyst provides the technical, analytical and project management support to Infrastructure Operations. Working within the Parks and Roads Services Branch, this role interfaces across various stakeholders in the different Departments, Branches, Sections and Units of the Municipal Government to collaborate on delivering corporate, department and branch strategic and operational plans, policy development projects and creating and/or optimizing performance measurement processes.
With a focus on the City of Edmonton’s Cultural Commitments to Safe, Helpful, Accountable, Integrated and Excellent, you will:
- Standardize operational planning & monitoring of the various services provided by Infrastructure Operations
- Lead the set up, management and close out of work orders for each operational season
- Prepare monthly SKF, order number and labour hour reports by pulling relevant data from SAP
- Assist the section transition to Enterprise Commons, including SAP HANA
- Develop section level KPIs that align with Branch level KPIs
- Conduct trend and variance analysis using statistical mapping/mathematical tools Analyze available data to develop dashboards, data visualizations, graphical models and reports to provide the pulse of operations
- Monitor operations' service levels and delivery to produce daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports
- Liaise across organizational departments to identify SMEs and gather information to propose business cases for continuous improvement
- Develop responses to Council's request for information or recommendation based reports
- Support the engagement of targeted SMEs, internal and external stakeholders to gather relevant data
- Synthesize the data gathered into accurate and meaningful insights recommendations
- Produce Council reports focussed on citizen experience and industry best practices
- Compile supporting documentation and develop presentation materials
- Lead integrated teams and manage approved continuous improvement projects end-to-end
- Analyze system data to produce current state snapshot and develop a roadmap to future state (gap analysis) Lead and direct cross-functional meetings to collaborate with SMEs, internal and external stakeholders
- Perform hot spot mapping for pilot projects
- Develop project documentation including scope, reports, presentations, new policy proposals, process flow diagrams, etc.
- Manage the implementation of data collection tools and processes
- Perform other related duties as required
- University degree in science, engineering, business administration, statistics, mathematics, commerce, political science or equivalent supporting education/training in organizational development, leadership, process improvements, business analytics, strategic planning, change management
- Project Management certification would be considered an asset
- 5 years related experience in standardization, strategic policy development and/or stakeholder relations, supporting the facilitation of multi-stakeholder technical or policy-setting groups or committees, project management, research, strategic-thinking, report writing and business case development
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong relationship-building and interpersonal skills, both internally and with external vendors and stakeholders
- Strategic thinking, decision-making, and ability to assess risks
- Strategic and business planning principles
- Development of business performance measurement tools and strategies
- Advanced level knowledge of of primary and secondary research methodologies
- Strong project management ability
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications, Google Applications, web-based communications groupware and social media tools
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in the context of a respectful, inclusive and service-minded style
- Applicants may be tested
The City of Edmonton is committed to inclusive, respectful and equitable workplaces that represent the communities we serve. We continuously improve our systems, policies and practices to remove barriers and ensure our employees, in all their diversity, can succeed. We value applicants with a diverse range of skills, experiences and competencies, and encourage you to apply. To learn more, see the Art of Inclusion: Our Diversity and Inclusion Framework here: https://bit.ly/3hd2d95.
The City of Edmonton strives to provide reasonable access and accommodations throughout the application and selection process. If you would like to request an accommodation at any stage of the process, please contact [email protected]
COVID-19 Notice: The City of Edmonton has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (e.g. medical, religious) may request an exemption. Please note that this policy applies to all employees, including new hires, and volunteers. If your application is successful, you will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or request an exemption.
For more information, please refer to our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy (bit.ly/3lKwb6j) and COVID-19 Vaccination Procedure (bit.ly/39BICMt).
Up to 1 temporary full-time position for up to 18 months in accordance with Article 18.02 of the Collective Agreement
Hours of Work: 33.75 hours per week; Monday to Friday; The weekly hours of work for this position are currently under review and may change at a future time. Any changes will be made in accordance with the City of Edmonton/Civic Service Union 52 collective agreement and the incumbent will be notified in advance.
Salary: $38.705 - $48.357 (Hourly); $$68,188.530 - $85,192.940 (Annually)
Talent Acquisition Consultant: AW/BV