|Officer Corporate Safety|
Officer Corporate Safety
Company : City of Winnipeg
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Under the Direction of the Manager, Organizational Safety Services, , the Fleet Management Safety Officer provides safety services to Fleet Management Agency employees. This includes assisting management in the development, implementation, training, assessment and continuous improvement of the Safety and Health Program. This also includes maintenance of SAFE Work Certification and the Fleet Vehicle Safety Program. All services must be provided in the highest quality to all stakeholders.
As the Safety Officer you will:
- Support Fleet Management Agency in maintenance of SAFE Work Certification program including internal maintenance audits.
- Conduct worksite safety inspections within the Fleet Management Agency.
- Consult with Managers, Supervisors, Workers, Vehicle Safety Committee, Safety Committee and Outside Agencies.
- Assist or lead investigation of workplace safety incidents within Fleet Management Agency.
- Conduct safety/health training and education.
- Conduct environmental testing and monitoring of the workplace to prevent injuries for workers and the public.
- Promote Safe Driver Program and Vehicle Safety Requirements.
- Develop Safety Standards, Protocols and Practices including Safe Work and Emergency Procedures.
- Perform other related duties that may be required by Fleet Management Agency or the Manager of Organizational Safety Services
Your education and qualifications include:
- Grade 12 education or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Occupational Safety & Health Certificate.
- Three (3) years of Health and Safety experience.
- Knowledge of hazards and their control in a wide range of safety fields.
- Knowledge of safety and health legislation, standards, and accepted guidelines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work in constantly changing, sometimes ambiguous conditions. eg. competing goals.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to establish work priorities and schedule time appropriately.
- Ability to lead/facilitate working groups and project implementation.
- Demonstrated research skills.
- Able to maintain objectivity where there are competing goals, e.g. accident investigation, recommended initiatives
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of vehicle operating legislation, standards and accepted guidelines.
- Ability and experience of administering a vehicle safety program.
- Ability to objectively assess worksite risks, based on a thorough knowledge base of equipment and repair facilities.
- Ability to interact with workers, management, union, etc. and provide instruction and training.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions during an emergency, including a serious accident or fatality.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- Prior to commencement of employment, the successful applicant will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination by providing a Government of Manitoba issued QR code and photo identification or providing proof of an exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination approved by the Government of Manitoba.
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) at time of hire or to be attained within 24 months.
- Completion of Train the Trainer course or ability to complete within 6 months.
- Must possess a valid Manitoba Class 5 driver’s license.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented