New Job Montreal - Senior Tax Staff, Private Client Services In Quebec
|Montreal - Senior Tax Staff, Private Client Services|
Montreal - Senior Tax Staff, Private Client Services
Company : EY
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
As a Senior Tax Staff, you will be a part of our Private Client Services (PCS) practice. You will be part of a team that are subject matter specialists who provide advice to high net worth business owners and individuals on domestic and cross-border tax planning, estate, wealth transfer and post mortem planning, asset protection strategies and philanthropic planning. Our PCS team works closely with our family office services practice acting as the tax advisor to family offices. This opportunity is ideal for someone who is a dynamic and entrepreneurially motivated individual who wishes to grow a long-term career in advising high net worth business owners and individuals.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Tax Staff, you'll be responsible for recommending and implementing tax strategies that align with the client's objectives, corresponding with legal counsel and tax authorities on client issues, assisting with reorganizations, researching compliance and planning issues and reviewing personal, corporate and trust tax returns.
Skills and attributes for success
- Identify planning opportunities and prepare correspondence describing the income tax implications of implementing transactions
- Research client issues that arise from planning or compliance work using a variety of on-line sources
- Liaise with the client’s legal counsel
- Review personal, trust and corporate tax returns
- Liaise with Canada Revenue Agency and relevant provincial ministries on client issues
- Correspond with audit managers, staff and/or clients in answering clients’ specific personal, trust or corporate tax queries or about matters that arise from compliance or planning work
- Prepare tax election forms
- Assist and manage the administration of personal and trust tax compliance seasons
To qualify for the role you must have
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major
- Relevant tax experience or equivalent experience in business or industry
- Possess a Canadian CPA or CA designation, or a reciprocal CA designation recognized with the CICA (asset).
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team
- Possess organization and time management skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Proactive attitude, commitment, and a highly motivated and driven team player
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We’re looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.