|Medical Office Administrator|
Medical Office Administrator
Company : Lifemark Health Group
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
Status: Temporary, part time
Location: 234 Ville Marie Drive
Schedule: 25 hours per week, 5 hours per day
Mandatory requirement: Effective November 1, 2021 all Lifemark Health Group employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or to agree to undergo regular antigen testing when necessary. Full vaccination occurs 14 days following the second dose of a Health Canada approved vaccine.
Lifemark Physiotherapy is hiring a part time Medical Office Administrator!
Our Medical Office Administrators are an important part of our team who provide outstanding administrative support to patients, co-workers and stakeholders, in keeping with the Lifemark commitment to patient centered care. They are responsible for fostering a strong relationship between the clinic and its customers, including patients, staff, funders and referral sources. This is achieved by efficiently providing administrative support and coordinating clinic activity with friendly, enthusiastic and professional service with all patients, team members and external customers. They ensure the efficient, professional and organized operation of the clinic office.
What you would do:
- Ensure optimal patient care through friendly, enthusiastic and professional service with all patients and team members
- Answer telephone calls, greet patients and visitors upon arrival, and provide excellent customer service for all questions or concerns
- Coordinate a detailed and accurate intake of information on the patient's first visit to the clinic
- Register new patients in line with acceptable standards of the clinic; support patients in filling medical forms at the clinic to avoid errors and inaccurate information
- Using electronic medical record files and coordinating the scheduling of future appointments for patients with all providers as directed
- Ensuring optimal patient care by suggesting additional services or products as indicated, and in the patient’s best interest
- Collect payment at time of service and follow up on outstanding payments
- Complete accurate clinic billing and follow up on accounts receivable as required
- Produce accurate end of day reports
- Other administrative tasks as assigned by the Clinic Director
What you need:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to maintain effective rapport with patients and staff members
- Ability to exercise good judgement, resourceful, strong organizational skills
- Ability to investigate, understand and resolve issues that arise from billing, collections and multiple funding sources
- Remain “cool, calm and collected” in high pressure situations
- Able to adapt to change with clinic operations to continuously learn and strive for improved Patient care
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Responsible for Booking and Billing for WSIB, MVA and Private Patients
- Previous experience in a medical office is considered an asset
Apply today! Visit www.lifemark.ca for more information.
Lifemark promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of the following groups: Indigenous peoples, Newcomers to Canada, and Visible minorities
We have gone above and beyond to ensure the safety of our patients and employees with PPE provided, the spacing of patients, screening, and more. Extensive safety protocols and procedures are in place and are mandatory.