New Job Mechanical Technologist/Junior Engineer In New Brunswick
|Mechanical Technologist/Junior Engineer|
Mechanical Technologist/Junior Engineer
Company : City of Fredericton
Salary : $2,357 - $3,279 a month
Location : New Brunswick
(Salary Range: $2,356.59 to $3,278.67 plus BSA)
Competition # 5938.22
CUPE Local 3864
Reporting to the Manager of Building Services or designate, the successful individual will be responsible to conduct a variety of activities within the Building Services team. This position will monitor and maintain building automation systems, provide contract administration for mechanical heat, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system improvements and preventative maintenance contracts. The position will assist in managing the City's building infrastructure energy portfolio, monitoring usages, investigating new technologies, and implementing new energy saving technologies. The position will oversee Capital HVAC improvements and replacements throughout the organization.
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from a recognized Civil Engineering/Mechanical Technology program with focus work on Building Systems and mechanical/automation systems.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience.
- Must be a member or eligible for membership in NBSCETT;
- A working knowledge of building codes, regulations, protocols, and programs related to the operation and installation of building systems and energy efficiency is preferred.
- A thorough understanding of mechanical and electrical systems would be considered an asset.
- Certified Energy Manager designation would be considered an asset.
- Apply acquired knowledge in Building and mechanical systems (heating, ventilation, air conditioning, water services and fire protection) and electrical systems (power, lighting, communications, automated controls, heating, fire protection and alarm) for commercial buildings.
- Apply acquired knowledge and skills to assist in the development of drawings and specifications focused on carrying out improvements in City owned facilities.
- Prepare tender and proposal packages including tender and proposal negotiations and contract awards.
- Active role in the planning and development of project cost estimates and budgets specific to assigned work.
- Contract administration of assigned projects, working with consultants and contractors to complete assigned work.
- Assist in maintaining a comprehensive energy database for energy monitoring (electrical utility, NG utility, and Water utility), tracking costs and savings.
- Provide consultative services to other departments.
Knowledge and Desired Skills:
- Must have experience with HVAC, mechanical, electrical, and automation systems related to Commercial buildings.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to act with a considerable degree of independence, initiative, and judgement.
- Must have knowledge and experience in mechanical systems, energy efficiency, and project management.
Interested individuals may apply in writing to [email protected] by 4:30 pm on 25 January 2022
The City of Fredericton is an equal opportunity employer.
Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
All interviews will take place virtually via Microsoft Teams
Please Allow Popup for Apply Window