Company : triOS College Business Technology Healthcare Inc. | Eastern College
Salary : $25 - $30 an hour
Location : New Brunswick
Eastern College Inc. is actively seeking an IT professional with experience working with server and network administration and cybersecurity to teach our Advanced Systems Management and Cybersecurity program at our Saint John campus.
The successful candidate will provide quality delivery of assigned courses within the Advanced Systems Management and Cybersecurity program and will show a strong commitment to utilization of a variety of instruction strategies, techniques and delivery methods to meet the learning styles of the students. Successful candidates will teach assigned courses in accordance with course competencies, grade tests, assignments and exams, as well as demonstrate a strong commitment to mentoring students from a wide range of backgrounds. Initial delivery of this program will be through online remote delivery, however may move to in-person/in-campus delivery at a point in the future.
The successful candidate will support the vision, mission, and values of Eastern College while contributing to a positive, supportive and student-focused team environment of respect, integrity, dedication and readiness, embracing diversity and fostering inclusion.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with server and network administration and cybersecurity, specifically including:
- Windows 10 Administration
- PowerShell Scripting
- Network, Mobile and Cisco Technologies
- Windows Server installation, configuration and administration
- Microsoft Exchange Server administration
- Linux administration
- Security and ethical hacking
- A minimum of a college diploma from an IT related program.
- CompTIA A+ and CompTIA Network+ certifications are required.
- Preference will be given to candidates with one or more of the following certifications:
- CompTIA Project+, CompTIA Server+, CompTIA Cloud+, CompTIA Linux+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst, Cisco CCNA, Windows 10, and/or Microsoft Desktop Administrator Associate (MDAA)
- In-class teaching or online remote teaching experience is preferred.
- The ability to enhance written material with personal experience is mandatory.
- Professionalism combined with intermediate Microsoft Office skills, superior communication and organizational skills will be essential to success in this role.
- Experience working with online communication tools such as MS Teams or Zoom is considered an asset.
Hours of Work:
This is a part-time position. Hours of work will be either 8am – 12pm
This position will be working on site at our Saint John Campus
The scheduled start for this opportunity is Immediate
About Eastern College:
Eastern College and its subsidiaries are committed to building an intentionally inclusive environment that engages, supports, and empowers diversity and belonging in the workplace and communities served and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from candidates regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Eastern College Inc. is a leader in the Private Career College industry in Atlantic Canada. Established in 1983 we have delivered training in a modular approach to students to enable them to fast-track to job readiness.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $25.00-$30.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Are you able to work 8:00 am - 12:00 pm, Monday to Friday?
- Are you able to work on-site at our Saint John Campus?
- Temporarily due to COVID-19