|Executive Assistant to Members of Council|
Executive Assistant to Members of Council
Company : City of Richmond Hill
Salary : $65,496 - $74,427 a year
Location : Ontario
Executive Assistant to Members of Council provide professional and administrative support to one member of Council.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives, addresses, and relays constituent matters on behalf of an elected official while acting as an ambassador to facilitate the exchange of information to work towards effective solutions.
- Prepares correspondence, documents, memos, and minutes as well as supports and obtains day-to-day work assignments and directives from their member of Council. In carrying out these assignments and directives, the Executive Assistant serves as a direct representative and extension of the member of Council while working under limited supervision.
- Coordinates, manages and maintains the member of Council calendar and schedule to ensure that they are aware of their meetings and appointments. Manages members of Council expense, constituency and conference budgets.
- Treats interactions and various materials with a high degree of security, confidentiality, sensitivity and discretion, while identifying priorities and action to be taken to serve the needs of the member of Council.
- Provides support for member of Council special events/meetings and conference events in order to ensure that events are executed at a high level and to ensure that the member of Council is prepared for conferences. Offer support to the councillor by attending special events/meetings, setting up, welcoming the residents, registering the residents, distributing materials, and other related tasks.
- Reviews meeting agendas and upcoming issues to provide researched and relevant summaries/backgrounders. As well as tracking and identifying emerging and current issues City-wide (issues identification). Manages member of Council expense, constituency and conference budgets.
Education and Experience
- 3 - 4 years related experience
- You must possess a valid Ontario Class "G" Driver's Licence and have a vehicle for use on corporate business (mileage compensated)
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in MSOffice, Adobe, and Social Media
- Experience working in high-level political or executive office with the ability to manage the challenges associated with this work environment.
- Understanding of the municipal and regional levels of government and the services provided by both levels of government.
- General knowledge of Provincial and Federal government functions, structures and responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently, combined with well-developed organization and time management skills and the ability to deal effectively with tact, courtesy, discretion and diplomacy with all levels of staff and the public
- Ability to independently resolve problems and issues under minimal supervision
- Ability to work flexible business hours to accommodate special events/meetings on weekends and/or evenings as required.
- Demonstrates good judgment and makes sound decisions
- Shows commitment to personal growth, development, and leadership opportunities
- Shares new ideas and challenges the status quo
- Proven written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with honesty, openness, respect, and trust
- Takes initiative to participate in a culture of learning, mentoring, and sharing
- Contributes to building and being a part of a positive culture
- Demonstrates personal leadership
- Builds people and culture
- Cultivates open communication
- Shapes the future
- Navigates and leads through complexity and change
Attention Internal Candidates: All current City of Richmond Hill employees are required to apply via the ‘View Jobs for Current Employees’ link on the City’s Careers Page.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The City of Richmond Hill is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
Please note, to be considered for a career opportunity at the City of Richmond Hill you must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada (or the World Health Organization). You may also be required to receive any COVID-19 boosters recommended by public health authorities. The City of Richmond Hill will consider cases requiring accommodation as stipulated by relevant employment standards legislation or regulation and/or the Ontario Human Rights Code.