Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $64,333 - $74,460 a year
Location : Yukon
This posting is to hire two (2) one-year term full-time (75 hours’ bi-weekly) Executive Assistants to the Deputy Minister. An eligibility list will be established to fill the anticipatory permanent position.
Temporary assignments will be considered.
Who We Are
The Executive Assistant acts as the Deputy Minister’s primary point of contact for the public, other departments, other governments, NGOs, and agencies. The Executive Assistant ensures the office is efficient and effective by prepping materials and scheduling the day-to-day operations.
This position must respond to a wide range of requests that are often urgent and of priority status. The Executive Assistant will be responsible for researching and composing responses independently from time to time. While this role is mainly required to provide a full range of senior executive and administrative assistance to the Deputy Minister and their office as well as work collaboratively with equivalent peer positions that support other senior government officials, First Nations and other governments, the Yukon Hospital Corporation, and other non-government organizations.
The ideal candidate will have excellent administrative skills and is interested in learning new tasks at a senior level. To succeed in this role, you will possess top-notch organizational skills combined with the ability to analyze and problem-solve in an extremely fast-paced environment. This includes the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Where We Live
The Yukon is a vibrant Territory filled with unique cultures, thriving arts and social scenes, and gorgeous landscapes that offer a variety of lifestyles for any individual. Visit Travel the Yukon to learn more about where we live, or Yukon.ca to learn more about why we are one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers! Do you thrive in a role that requires strong leadership, confidence, integrity and patience?
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet each of the following qualifications. Emphasize how your work experiences and related duties align with the essential and asset qualifications listed below. Note that selection for further consideration is based solely on the information you provide in your resume. Include the month and year you started and ended a job when you list your work experience. This allows us to accurately calculate the length of time you were in the position.
- Education in Business Administrative, Public Policy, or Political Science
- Experience performing research, compiling, and presenting information in a written format
- Significant experience coordinating and processing senior-level briefings and meeting materials
- Extensive experience and proficiency with computerized technology, software databases and applications
Candidates who have education, training and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above will be equally considered
Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills and Personal Suitability
Candidates should have and maybe assessed on:
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to deliver executive administrative support
- The ability to adjust to and work effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups
- Ability to be proactive, understand issues, identify problems and suggest options to determine the appropriate solution
- Strong skills in attention to detail, and organizing and prioritizing work
- Creates a client-focused culture for the entire organization and engages others in providing outstanding service to internal and external clients
- Self-awareness combined with strong interpersonal skills to build credibility and relationships
For information about this position, please contact Leah Kelly, Lead of Admin Team to the Deputy Minister’s Office, at [email protected]
For information about the process, please contact Kelly Jiang, Human Resource Consultant, at [email protected]