Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $24.11 - $30.21 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Highway’s mission is to provide safe, reliable transportation systems that supports Saskatchewan’s growth agenda and quality of life.
The Ministry of Highways, Southern Operations is seeking an Equipment Operator for the Grenfell Section.
As part of the section crew, you will uphold public safety by:
- operating, service and maintain heavy equipment such as tandem trucks with hydro drum, spinner, snowplow/wing attachments, graders and front-end loaders;
- performing various highway maintenance functions in the summer and snow/ ice removal in the winter;
- maintaining records and log hours of operation, repairs and amounts of materials applied to highways;
- working under extreme and changing climate conditions and must be willing to travel and work flexible hours; and
- having the opportunity to work with new and advanced technology and equipment.
The successful candidate will bring:
- a valid class 1A driver’s licence;
- experience operating and maintaining equipment safely;
- the ability to work in physically demanding conditions and perform physical labour, heavy lifting and climbing;
- a willingness to work under extreme and changing climate conditions and be willing to travel and work flexible hours;
- an approachable and flexible attitude when interacting with members of the public and the work unit, be self-motivated to complete tasks, adaptable to changing work situations; and
- the desire to work in and contribute to an environment that recognizes, supports, respects and welcomes diversity of employees and clients.
Our Core values include showing respect and integrity, serving citizens, excellence and innovation and acting as one team. We demonstrate these values in our daily behaviours.
What We Offer:
- Dynamic, challenging work for talented individuals;
- A competitive salary;
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension;
- Vacation, earned days off (EDO) and other types of leave;
- Inclusive work environments;
- Advancement opportunities; and
- Flexible work arrangements.