New Job Deputy Registrar/Staff Justice Of The Peace/Clerk Of Court In Manitoba
|Deputy Registrar/Staff Justice of the Peace/Clerk of Court|
Deputy Registrar/Staff Justice of the Peace/Clerk of Court
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $44,957 - $57,363 a year
Location : Manitoba
Deputy Registrar/Staff Justice of the Peace/Clerk of Court
CC3-4 Clerk of Court 3-4
Term Full-Time (with possibility of becoming regular)
Regional Courts, Thompson Court Office, Courts
Advertisement Number: 38591
Salary(s): CC3-4 $44,957.00 - $57,363.00 per year Plus Remoteness Allowance, if applicable.
Closing Date: January 23, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list will be created for similar positions and for different locations, pending appropriate staffing approval and will remain open until exhausted.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an Application Screening Form, along with their resume and cover-letter. Complete the Application Screening Form at the link below.
If you are having difficulty opening the link, you may have to use a different browser. You may also contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the Application Screening Form. The selection board will rely on information provided in the form and may rely on the information provided in the resume and cover letter to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment.
CLICK HERE to access the application screening form.
Consider an exciting career with Manitoba Justice in a Court environment as a Court Clerk Monitor/Staff Justice of the Peace/Deputy Registrar. Extensive training as well as coaching are provided for this position. We have a substantial benefits package which includes extended health, health spending, dental, vision, long term disability, supportive employment, maternity and parental leave, and a defined pension plan.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Enhanced/Internal Security Check
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Adult and Child Abuse Registry Checks
- Must possess a valid Manitoba Class 5F Driver's license and have access to a personal vehicle for business purposes
- Ability to travel to other court centres and circuit court locations by car, airplane and other means of transportation with the possibility of overnight stays
- Must qualify for an appointment as a Staff Justice of the Peace pursuant to statutory requirements
- Ability to lift and transport related equipment weighing up to 14kgs/30lbs
- Ability to work overtime as necessary with little notice
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed to meet workload demands
Please note that this position is designated under current Public Health orders and is required to confirm COVID-19 fully vaccinated status or submit to regular COVID-19 testing.
- Experience performing clerical and administrative duties including data entry, handling inquiries on the phone/in-person and preparing/processing complex detailed documentation
- Excellent organizational and time management skills including the ability to handle multiple tasks in pressure situations with strict deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to resolve conflict
- Ability to maintain accuracy and pay attention to detail
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and independent decision making skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as contribute to a respectful workplace
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook) or equivalent programs
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to project vocally without error
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience working in a court or related legal environment which may included working with courtroom documentation, procedures and processes
- Completion of a recognized legal or administrative assistant program or other related post secondary education
The incumbent will be required to perform various duties taking from three different types of court related roles which are Court Clerk Monitor, Staff Justice of the Peace and Deputy Register.
As a from Court Clerk Monitor attending Provincial and Queen's Bench criminal, family and civil court sittings. Duties include: monitoring court proceedings using digital recording software, accurate logging of court proceedings, marking and recording exhibits, reading charges, administering oaths to witnesses, maintaining order in the courtroom, completing court dispositions and all related paperwork verbatim, and performing other pre and post court related duties. The incumbent is expected to maintain discretion at all times with the ability to handle sensitive and graphic evidence and submissions during court hearings. The incumbent will also assist the judiciary, members of the legal profession, police and public as required.
As a Deputy Registrar, the incumbent will review and process documents under the Queen's Bench Rules, various federal/provincial Statutes/Acts and Regulations, register and issue all court pleadings and processes in all divisions of the Court and enter pertinent information on the Registry system according to a standards manual.
As a Staff Justice of the Peace, duties include: receiving information, issuing process and determining issuance of subpoenas, assuring the accuracy and completeness of court-issued documents, reviewing and signing court orders with offenders, applicants and respondents, explaining court procedures and preventative justice programs to the public. Performs other duties as authorized and required pursuant to statutory requirements.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please Allow Popup for Apply Window