|Delivery Lead, Scotia Digital(Remote Vancouver Hub)|
Delivery Lead, Scotia Digital(Remote Vancouver Hub)
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Requisition ID: 131181
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Delivery Lead, you will ensure delivery of software products within Digital Banking Canada. You will coordinate development and delivery activities and ensure deliverables are of the highest quality, while adhering to defined release, change, project and architectural standards and methodologies by leveraging an Agile scrum team (Product, Engineering, Agile, Design). The primary accountability is the execution of shipping software based on the product roadmaps and technical release plans developed by the Leadership Team, including the identification, escalation and removal of release and team impediments.
Is this role right for you?
- You will work with a team to identify roadmap/feature dependencies and impediments. Being accountable for tracking the dependencies and impediments and removing them to enable the team: surface, track, escalate
- You will regularly communicate with other scrum teams to ensure tactical story alignment and identifies/tracks dependencies between the team.
- You will provide regular, standardized reporting for team performance: velocity, stories completed and project status.
- You will identify team conflict and partner with Development Managers and Agile Coaches to resolve, escalating to Leadership Team for support, if necessary.
- You will ensure the team has access to necessary software, hardware, testing devices and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- You will build and maintain solid, professional working relationships with peers within the project management and business lines.
- You will engage stakeholders (e.g. risk, legal, audit) as needed for consultation and counsel throughout the course of the project
- You will coordinate compliance and readiness procedures (Ex. Operation Readiness) with associated teams (Ex. Release Engineering, Security, etc.)
- You will work with Finance team on the project budget.
- You will plan out the release schedule and handle the product maintenance timeline.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You have strong problem-solving and analytical skills to rapidly assess problem situations
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate on a broad spectrum (from deep technical discussions to high-level executive vision)
- You have excellent interpersonal, negotiation and client relationships management skills
- You have excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives
- You have expert knowledge and understanding project management practices, disciplines, tools, and methodologies
- You have 5-7 years' experience in managing complex delivering software projects
- You have demonstrated experience in applying agile methodology to delivering IT projects
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent — not just a job — so you can grow with us. We’ll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center *
- Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.