|Customer Support Representative - Utilities (PERMANENT)|
Customer Support Representative - Utilities (PERMANENT)
Company : The City of Red Deer
Salary : $37.27 - $39.23 an hour
Location : Alberta
The Customer Support Representative is responsible for processing all aspects of customer service activities relating to the accounts receivable, utilities or property taxation and collections. Specifically, the position is required to understand complex integrated software systems, processes, and governance to provide exceptional customer support. This position provides front line customer service in a fast-paced environment and must be able to effectively deal with difficult situations. The incumbent primarily works as part of a team. Accuracy is vital as errors are highly public and affect customer satisfaction and can be detrimental to the City’s reputation.
Education and Experience
- Completion of a 2-year Business Administration Diploma with a major in accounting. Equivalent education and experience may be considered.
- Three years’ accounting experience in an integrated computerized environment.
- One year experience in collections, dealing with difficult customers, billing, complex journal entries, reconciliations, or municipal government.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve complex and difficult customer situations.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- The following experience would be considered an asset:
- Previous experience with JD Edwards, Tempest, CAMAlot, SPIN or other municipal software
- Knowledge of accounts receivable, utility billing, collections, property tax theory/procedures
- Familiarity of the Alberta Municipal Government Act
- Knowledge or Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP)
- Formal training in Violence In the Workplace, or Dealing with Difficult Customers
- Understanding of internal controls
- Alberta Land Titles or Alberta Registry
- In addition to the 9 Core Competencies identified for all employees of the City of Red Deer, the following are specifically required in the position:
- Work independently with a high degree of accuracy and in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of information (FOIP training required).
- Prioritizes plans and organizes in situations of competing activities to ensure goals are accomplished efficiently and effectively.
- Works effectively in an environment with considerable noise and frequent interruptions.
- Displays strong interpersonal, teamwork and flexibility skills.
- Creates and maintains a safe workplace, adhering to the policies and procedures outlined by the City.
- Ability to deal effectively with the public and City staff and to respond patiently and courteously to complaints and criticisms.
Specific Demands of the Job:
- Must work through periods of stress associated with identifying and resolving problems, meeting deadlines and working within a team.
- Must quickly prioritize work while dealing with frequent interruptions and conflicting priorities.
- Required to work outside regular business hours, including weekends and holidays in order to meet deadlines, especially during project implementations.
Affiliation: Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 417
Hours of Work: 75 hours biweekly; Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
The City of Red Deer has implemented a COVID-19 Immunization Policy, seeking to have employees fully vaccinated. For more information, please refer to The City’s COVID-19 Immunization Policy 222-CA https://secure.reddeer.ca/media/the-bridge/city-departments/legislative-services/policies-and-procedures/corporate-policies/2000/2224-CA_COVID-19_Immunization.pdf