|Community Health Nurse Mobile|
Community Health Nurse Mobile
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $85,241 - $98,915 a year
Location : Yukon
This is an until –filled competition. Candidates are encouraged not to delay submitting their application as this posting can close at any time with 24-hours posted notice. Resumes will be screened at regular intervals until the position is filled or the competition closes, whichever is earliest.
This position is full-time working 75 hours bi-weekly providing services to the communities of Carmacks and Pelly Crossing. The eligibility list from this competition will be used to fill future identical to positions within the branch.
Community Nursing is committed to a respectful workplace where everyone is valued. We are looking for individuals who are enthusiastic, innovative leaders with excellent communication skills.
Community Nursing branch is committed to excellence in providing a range of accessible, affordable services that assist individuals, families and communities to reach their full potential. As a Community Health Nurse mobile you will deliver community-based nursing care by providing targeted health and wellness services , working collaboratively with other existing programs to promote health, and supporting the development of capacity within communities. Specific focus is placed on community health services and programs, such as: Immunization (e.g. childhood and vulnerable population); harm reduction, sexual health care, injury prevention; Chronic disease screening and support; and end of life care and support; wellness clinic for preschool, school age children; screening clinics for health condition and follow up for communicable disease.
In addition to the base salary, this position offers
- generous leave & benefit package
- fully furnished subsidized housing in community
- retention and community allowances
For more information regarding this position, contact Melanie Kaiser by email at [email protected]
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Baccalaureate in Nursing
- Current registration with a Canadian registered nursing regulatory authority
- Experience in Public Health, Community Health, Maternal/Infant/Child health or related experience
New Grad RN's with demonstrated experience/interest in the above areas will equally be considered
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Knowledge in community health programs
- Knowledge in vaccine delivery
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication, organization and flexibility
- Work independently & with in a diverse team
- Ability to lead, instruct and counsel
- Clear understanding of confidentiality
Conditions of Employment:
- Recent TB Screening,
- Security Clearance with Vulnerable Sector Screening,
- Valid Driver’s License,
- Current Yukon RN registration in good standing,
- Current Heart & Stroke BLS.
- Providing care both in and out of the health centre
- Frequent driving
- 50 % travel out of home community and within catchment area
- Occasional lifting and moving of clients and equipment
- Completion of Transportation of Dangerous Goods within 3 months
- Completion of WHMIS within 3 months