|Client Relationship Manager, Real Estate Banking (Montreal, Qc)|
Client Relationship Manager, Real Estate Banking (Montreal, Qc)
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Requisition ID: 135921
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
Be part of this Winning Team: a purpose-driven team, committed to results in an inclusive and high-performance culture!
The Client Relationship Manager, Real Estate Banking is responsible for contributing to the overall success of Real Estate Banking by meeting his/her goals and objectives and managing a portfolio of accounts. In this role you will manage a portfolio of Real Estate Banking clients and underwrite Real Estate Banking products including Income Property Loans (“IPL”), bridge loans and non-revolving term loans while interfacing with existing and new clients to understand their banking needs.
Is this role right for you?
You will manage a portfolio of Real Estate Banking clients.
- Interface with existing and new clients to understand their banking needs.
- Underwriting Real Estate Banking products including IPL loans, bridge loans and non-revolving term loans.
- Provide all of Scotiabank’s resources for Real Estate Banking clients.
- You will interface with Senior Manager(s) and a variety of Commercial Mortgage funded by third party Investors.
- You will be responsible to monitoring all loans to ensure that all conditions are met, and timely action have been taken with sundry maintenance items such as maturity dates and annual reviews.
- You will assist with the formulation of strategy to respond to the changing Real Estate Banking industry.
- Properly evaluate risk by thoroughly considering the strengths of and major issues relating to the project, the experience and worth of the proponent, and cash flow and asset cover.
- Perform due diligence in evaluating information to ensure the major issues and inherent risks that are critical to a sound credit decision have been identified and material facts verified.
- Prepare credit applications, annual reviews, client communication, and managing a portfolio of Real Estate Banking products are the primary tasks for this role.
- Secondary tasks include assisting with marketing Real Estate Banking products to new and existing clients and assisting with the formulation of strategy to respond to the changing Real Estate Banking industry.
- Provide effective account management and safeguard the Bank’s assets and liabilities.
- Being decisive by fully understanding the credit transaction, including the risk involved, and making clear and independent recommendations on all Real Estate Banking underwriting and actions.
- Deliver a consistent customer service experience.
- Taking a positive approach to business and identifying new business opportunities with proper focus on profitability and risk.
- Maintaining an ongoing pipeline of business, including customers and active prospects.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? – We’d love to work with you if:
Education – Bachelor degree in Business, Commerce or Economics.
- Experience – previous commercial credit, strategy or real estate banking experience preferred but not mandatory.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - essential to this position. The Client Relationship Manager, Real Estate Banking must be able to effectively articulate views both within the Bank and externally in the marketplace
What's in it for you?
This role reports into the Director and Group Lead, Real Estate Banking.
- You would be responsible for the financial objectives that consist of new loan acceptances, fees and referrals to other departments within the Bank.
- Non-financial objectives that consist of customer service, operational effectiveness and personal development.
- You would be part of the team that will contribute to the development and profitability of the Real Estate Banking portfolio.
- The opportunity to interface with existing and new clients to understand their banking needs.
- This is your opportunity to work with a team that demonstrates a team-oriented approach through a positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
- You will be earning respect from and demonstrating respect for others.
- You can maintain effective, open communication and an atmosphere conductive to teamwork and success.
- Displaying proper attention to training and development of self.
- Participating in Real Estate industry events.
A standard office environment is provided; however, the incumbent spends a percentage of the time away from an office environment, in customer/prospect facilities, travelling to conduct marketing activities and other customer interviews, trade shows, COI events etc. You will require a vehicle. Customer needs are frequent and sometimes outside of office hours.
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.