|Behaviour Management Specialist A|
Behaviour Management Specialist A
Company : Eastern Health
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
Location: Clarenville Coish Place
Behaviour Management Specialist A
Community Support Program
Temporary, Full Time (until November 15, 2022 with possibility of extension)
Hours Your hours of work will follow the flexible work schedule in accordance with Article 19.01(a) of the NAPE-HP Collective Agreement, based on 150 hours within a designated 4-week period (by mutual agreement).
Salary CG 38, ($34.60 - $38.60)
Competition Number 2021005998
Posted Date 11 January 2022
Closing Date 18 January 2022
Eastern Health is the largest, integrated health authority in Newfoundland and Labrador employing approximately 13,000 dedicated employees and serving a population of more than 300,000 people. The authority offers the full continuum of health and community services including public health, long-term care, community services, hospital care and unique provincial programs and services. At Eastern Health we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality care and service possible to the people in our communities, in our region, and in the province. To do that, we employ qualified, competent and caring individuals who are dedicated to their professions and to our vision of Healthy People, Healthy Communities.
The Behaviour Management Specialist provides advanced professional fieldwork in providing behavior management, in-home teaching and training programs to children, youth and adults with significant development delays and/or behavior problems. The position provides training and support to clients' families, home support staff and staff of community organizations. In addition to caregiver training and client advocacy. The Behaviour Management Specialist makes recommendations for environmental enhancement to facilitate clients' overall development and maintenance of current skills in activities of daily living.
By applying for this job, you acknowledge an understanding that regular requirements and demands of this job include (but are not limited to):
- Regularly lifts up to 10 lbs. and drives to and from client's homes/work sites. Caseload may include working with developmentally delayed adults greater than 200 lbs. where restraint may be required.
- Regularly requires fine finger/precision work and sitting at a computer.
- Regularly requires a higher than normal level of attentiveness/alertness is required for visual and auditory concentration.
- Graduation with a Bachelor's Degree with a Major in Psychology OR a Master's Degree in Clinical, Experimental, Developmental or Counselling Psychology (a related clinical Master's Degree as determined by the employer may be considered) is required.
- Significant related and current experience in applied behavioural analysis across a wide variety of clients is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in individual program planning and design, functional analysis lifespan development, treatment ethics, applied behavioural analysis, developmental disabilities, skill teaching strategies, psychometrics, and addressing the impact of psychosocial disadvantage and poverty.
- Demonstrated skill in developing and maintaining therapeutic rapport with children, youth and adults; strong oral and written communication skills; case and time management and analytical skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships.
- The use of a private vehicle and ability to work flexible hours are conditions of employment.
- A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required.
If this is an internal posting only, only applicants of the Eastern Health NAPE HP Regional Bargaining Unit will be considered. Otherwise, if this is posted internal and external, we will accept all applications, but preference will be given to those qualified candidates who are internal to the Eastern Health NAPE HP Regional Bargaining Unit.
Apply online at https://employment.easternhealth.ca
Upon successfully applying for a vacancy then you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive this email please contact Recruitment 777-7777 ext 5-2 immediately
To become a part of our team, please submit your resume/cover letter or application form online, clearly demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications. Include your current mailing address, day-time contact number, e-mail address, competition and employee number if applicable.
Contact Information for Recruitment Related Inquiries:
Telephone: (709) 777-7777 (5-2) or 1-800-563-3693
Email: [email protected]. Applications/resumes are not accepted at this email address.
If you are no longer interested in the position, you can withdraw your application by emailing [email protected] as soon as possible.
Eastern Health is committed to inclusive and barrier-free recruitment, selection and onboarding processes. We are happy to assist applicants requesting accommodation or support during the process. Please email [email protected] or call 777-7777 press 5 then press 2 (long distance 1-800-563-3693) outlining how we can help.
All Eastern Health employees and new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption.
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Certificate of Conduct from the RCMP or local Police (Vulnerable Sector Check may be required), educational documents, registration/licensure if applicable and Social Insurance Number.