New Job Agent, Facility Booking In Yukon
|Agent, Facility Booking|
Agent, Facility Booking
Company : City of Whitehorse
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Yukon
Job posting closes: January 26, 2022 at 05:00pm Yukon Standard Time
An Eligibility List may be established from this competition – the duration of the eligibility list may be up to 12 months. The eligibility list may be used to fill future permanent full-time, permanent part-time, temporary full-time, temporary part-time, term or casual vacancies within the same department and classification based on the organizational needs by going to the next highest ranked candidate until the eligibility list expires.
This position is covered by a collective agreement between the City of Whitehorse and the Public Service Alliance of Canada/Yukon Employees Union.
The City wishes to thank all applicants for their interest but only those candidates selected to advance in the recruitment will be contacted. Note that only those candidates eligible to legally work in Canada will be considered.
Facility Booking Agent
Job Code: 044
Department: Recreation and Facility Services
The incumbent coordinates recreation facility bookings and schedules for Recreation and Facility Services to optimize facility usage and balance the interests of various user groups.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate utilization, administer and maintain facility bookings for City recreation facilities and Joint Use Agreements for Yukon Government schools and fields.
- Prepare, maintain and process rental contracts, insurance requirements, damage deposits and refunds for recreation facilities.
- Maintain and monitor facilities, custody of keys/security codes and electronic booking database.
- Monitor, evaluate, and prepare drop-in and rental schedules, statistics and reports.
- Liaise with stakeholders to optimize facility usage and balance the interests of various user groups.
- Coordinate materials and facilitate meetings for recreational user groups.
- Assist with the planning for recreational events to determine space, equipment and set-up requirements.
- Respond to or refer public inquiries, distribute information and provide customer service activities (sales transactions and program registration).
- Identify and prepare promotional material related to booking opportunities.
- Follow, so far as is reasonably practicable, established safety procedures and standards.
- Other related duties.
Normal office conditions with requirement to work some evenings and weekends.
Knowledge and Skills:
- 2 year post-secondary diploma in office or business administration or recreation.
- 2 years related experience in recreation programming and customer service.
- On-the-job Experience - 6 months
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Ability to work alone with minimal supervision.
- Proven communication, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Standard First Aid and CPR to level C
- Class 5 Drivers’ License
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Examples of Equipment to Operate:
General office and communication equipment including CLASS, Outlook, Microsoft Office, InDesign, Desktop publishing, Internet Explorer, and ERP. Credit card, Interac, and cash machines and City vehicles.
Note: The City of Whitehorse requires that all employees be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 by February 20, 2022. Employees will be considered to be fully vaccinated 14 days after they have received both doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada that requires two doses to complete the vaccination series. The City’s definition of full vaccination may change and any such change will be informed by direction from the Yukon’s Chief Medical Officer of Health (CMOH) and public health authorities.
The City strongly recommends that candidates be fully vaccinated prior to their start date. Accommodations may be requested by employees who cannot be vaccinated based on medical, religious or other protected grounds.
Job seekers are required to create an online profile and submit their application electronically through the City's online Applicant system via www.whitehorse.ca/careers. Instructions on applications are provided at https://www.whitehorse.ca/departments/human-resources/how-to-apply. If you have any further questions regarding this posting, please contact the recruiter at [email protected]
To apply for this position, you are required to submit your resume.
Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the recruiting process.
At the time this posting closes, candidates must have valid and current licenses/certifications/education that match the position requirements. Candidates who are selected to continue with the recruiting process will be required to provide proof of qualifications during their interview
Please Allow Popup for Apply Window