|Administrative Assistant - Temporary|
Administrative Assistant - Temporary
Company : City of Whitehorse
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Yukon
Job posting closes: January 24, 2022 at 5:00pm Yukon Standard Time
An Eligibility List may be established from this competition – the duration of the eligibility list may be up to 12 months. The eligibility list may be used to fill future permanent full-time, permanent part-time, temporary full-time, temporary part-time, term or casual vacancies within the same department and classification based on the organizational needs by going to the next highest ranked candidate until the eligibility list expires.
This position is covered by a collective agreement between the City of Whitehorse and the Public Service Alliance of Canada/Yukon Employees Union.
The City wishes to thank all applicants for their interest but only those candidates selected to advance in the recruitment will be contacted. Note that only those candidates eligible to legally work in Canada will be considered.
Temporary Part-time - Administrative Assistant
Job Code: 164
The incumbent provides front line customer service support and performs general administrative duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform administrative support including:
- Providing front line customer service support;
- Receiving incoming calls;
- Preparing correspondence including letters and reports;
- Processing incoming/outgoing mail;
- Scheduling appointments and meetings;
- Compiling information and preparing reports.
2. Maintain records management and bring forward systems according to established procedures.
3. Follow, as far as is reasonably practicable, safety procedures and standards.
4. Other related duties.
Majority of the work is performed under normal office conditions with frequent site visits at various facilities.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Grade 12 or equivalent plus 3 years related experience.
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Excel (24 hours) and Word (24 hours).
- Ability to work and maintain accuracy under pressure, attention to details and meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment with little supervision.
- Strong client service orientation and good interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Examples of Equipment to Operate:
General office equipment including computer skills to operate software programs related to word processing, spreadsheet, electronic mail, etc.
Note: The City of Whitehorse requires that all employees be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 by February 20, 2022. Employees will be considered to be fully vaccinated 14 days after they have received both doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada that requires two doses to complete the vaccination series. The City’s definition of full vaccination may change and any such change will be informed by direction from the Yukon’s Chief Medical Officer of Health (CMOH) and public health authorities.
The City strongly recommends that candidates be fully vaccinated prior to their start date. Accommodations may be requested by employees who cannot be vaccinated based on medical, religious or other protected grounds.
Job seekers are required to create an online profile and submit their application electronically through the City's online Applicant system via www.whitehorse.ca/careers. Instructions on applications are provided at https://www.whitehorse.ca/departments/human-resources/how-to-apply. If you have any further questions regarding this posting, please contact the recruiter at [email protected]
To apply for this position, you are required to submit your resume.
Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the recruiting process.
At the time this posting closes, candidates must have valid and current licenses/certifications/education that match the position requirements. Candidates who are selected to continue with the recruiting process will be required to provide proof of qualifications during their interview.