Company : City of Grande Prairie
Salary : $29.10 - $35.74 an hour
Location : Alberta
The City of Grande Prairie's Fleet Services Department is looking for an outgoing, professional, and organized Administrative Assistant to join their team! Reporting the Manager of Fleet Services the Administrative Assistant will provide exceptional administrative support to the members of the Fleet Services team. You will be responsible for a variety of ongoing, routine tasks throughout the 12 month term, as well as be able to take on ad-hoc assignments as required.
You will be responsible to perform a wide range of duties in a dynamic and challenging work environment. The administrative and clerical duties include, but are not limited to, time entry/payroll, accounts payable/receivable, invoicing, Health & Safety records keeping, fueling system support, meeting minutes, filing and file maintenance, etc. You will be expected to develop, build, foster and maintain positive working relationships with: Fleet Services staff, internal and external partners, service providers, vendors and other City departmental staff.
The following skills will be essential for you to succeed in this position:
- A high school diploma plus at least, two years of post-secondary education in Office/Business Administration.
- Minimum of five (5) years administrative experience.
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet set deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational skills, ability to multi-task and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of office procedures such as payroll, invoicing, general accounting, etc.
- Ability to work independently and as part of the team, while exercising good/independent judgment, demonstrating initiative and pro-activity.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with external service providers and vendors.
- Demonstrated proficiency in data entry & management.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong computer aptitude and high level of experience with Adobe, Microsoft Office (Teams, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc...) and other payroll, accounting, financial software systems- ie: Navision, Kronos, BisTrainer, etc.
- Strong commitment to customer service, performance management and continuous improvement.
- Experience working with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) and Fueling System Management software would be considered a strong asset.
- Strict adherence to safe work practices.
Monday to Friday 8:00 am - 3:30 pm.
35 hours per week, some overtime may be required.
Salary Range is $29.10 - $35.74/hr with an excellent benefits package.
We thank you in advance for your interest. Those selected for an interview will be contacted by phone or email. We will contact those who did not make it to the interview stage by email within one month of the closing date of this job posting.
1. Submit cover letter and resume using the "Apply Now" tab on this web page.
2. Applications will be reviewed, short-listed and interviews will be scheduled.
Note: Once you apply and upload a resume you should receive an email confirming that your application has been submitted for this position. If you receive this email, there is NO further need to contact us regarding this position.
- This posting may be used to fill future vacancies in this position.
- This posting may be used to fill more than one position.
- This posting will be open until a suitable candidate(s) is/are found.
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive per job posting, we are not able to answer job specific questions before the interview stage. If you are successful in getting to the job interview stage, we will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have at that time.
COVID-19 Vaccination & Rapid Testing
On November 15, 2021 The City of Grande Prairie implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination & Rapid Testing Policy. Current City employees and employees hired after the implementation of this Policy must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination by January 17, 2022. Alternatively, employees have the option to confirm participation in ongoing COVID-19 rapid testing after January 17, 2022. If your application is successful, you must be fully vaccinated, participate in ongoing rapid testing, or have an approved exemption under the Alberta Human Rights Act prior to commencing work for the City of Grande Prairie.
Job Type: Full-time