New Job Administrative Assistant In Manitoba
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $41,136 - $47,018 a year
Location : Manitoba
AY3 Administrative Secretary 3
Indigenous Reconciliation and Northern Relations
North Central, Northern Affairs
Advertisement Number: 38493
Salary(s): AY3 $41,136.00 - $47,018.00 per year
Closing Date: January 21, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
Consideration will also be given to persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar position and will remain in effect for 12 months.
To be considered for this competition, candidates must submit an Application Screening Form along with their resume and a cover letter, to the Civil Service Commission by email [email protected], quoting 38493 and position title in the subject line.
If you are having difficulty opening the link, you may have to use a different browser. You may also contact Human Resource Services (contact information under “Apply to”) to request a copy of the Application Screening Form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this Application Screening Form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment.
CLICK HERE to access the application form.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Experience performing a wide range of administrative duties including but not limited to drafting correspondence (i.e. letters and reports), providing reception functions, managing, assessing and responding to inquires
- Experience in the maintenance of physical and electronic filing systems
- Extensive experience working with highly sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience working cooperatively as part of a team
- Organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize individual workloads to adjust to varying demands
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain accuracy with attention to detail
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook), SAP and Teams
- Successful completion of a recognized secretarial/administrative training program
As a member of the administrative support group and under the general direction of the Director, the incumbent provides comprehensive administrative and clerical support.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please Allow Popup for Apply Window