New Job Administrative Assistant In Nunavut
Company : Nunavut Government
Salary : $63,804 a year
Location : Nunavut
This employment opportunity is restricted to Nunavut Inuit who reside in Cambridge Bay only.
Reporting to the Executive Director Kitikmeot, the Administrative Assistant is critical to the effective operations of the office and ensures that staff are well supported. The position carries out administrative functions in a timely manner and ensures that support and coordination is provided to fulfill the operational requirements of the office. The position coordinates and schedules meetings ensuring all necessary staff are available to attend, meeting commitments are fulfilled; and minutes and documents are professionally prepared.
The Administrative Assistant carries out office procedures to ensure smooth operation of office; develop and maintain office filing system; handles all incoming and outgoing mail and facsimile transmission; and maintain leave and attendance files.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this job would be obtained through a High School Diploma and one year of experience in an office environment.
This is a Position of Trust and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check is required.
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktut, English and French. Applicants may submit their resume in any of the official languages of Nunavut. Fluency in more than one of Nunavut’s official languages would be considered an asset. Knowledge of Inuit communities, culture, land, Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit, Inuktut and experience working in a northern cross-cultural environment are also considered assets.
Acceptable combinations of education and experience may be considered for this position. We encourage you to apply if you have equivalent years of education and/or experience equal to the education and experience requirements listed above.
An eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit.
- Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please Allow Popup for Apply Window