New Job Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk Ii In British Columbia
|Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk II|
Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk II
Company : District of West Vancouver
Salary : $27.99 an hour
Location : British Columbia
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh Nations, West Vancouver is a vibrant community on the North Shore and home to parks, beaches, and to sports, recreation and arts amenities. Our dedicated staff deliver services, operate facilities and run the programs that enhance the well-being of our community. We are seeking employees with a passion for public service who share our commitment to creating a complete, inclusive and livable community.
The District of West Vancouver Financial Services Department has an opportunity for an Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk II position. Under the direction of the Manager Financial Accounting & Reporting, this position will be primarily responsible for directing District accounts receivable functions.
Duties will also include:
- Generating monthly recurring invoices and post-dated payments & preparing month end accounts receivable statements;
- Resolving problems or queries from departments and Customer/suppliers & providing information and assistance to internal and external contacts concerning accounts, charges, services, fees, etc.;
- Identifying and correcting errors related to data input and missed payments;
- Reconciling Accounts Receivable and Payable sub-ledgers to the general ledger and preparing journal entries to effect corrections; and,
- Planning and assigning work to clerical subordinates engaged in carrying out accounts payable and/or receivable functions;
- Retaining AP/AR documentation in accordance with the District’s records management policy; Maintaining approval signature records
- Creating and editing payment groups for weekly payment runs, generating payment registers and processing electronic payment files to the bank;
- Performing other related duties as required
The preferred candidate will possess: considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of processing accounts payable and receivable matters; the ability to perform basic accounting in accordance with established rules, regulations, policies and procedures and under minimal supervision; the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, suppliers, and the public, and provide information and assistance on work related matters; strong Excel skills combined with experience using computerized financial systems such as JDE/Tempest; and the ability to maintain sustained attention to detail, make mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy and to meet deadlines.
The successful candidate has completed: courses in accounting, business, or bookkeeping plus some related accounting and clerical experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
The successful candidate is required to supply a Police Information Check and a copy of their credentials.
All District of West Vancouver employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of hire.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates. For details please refer to the Class Specification which is available for inspection in the Human Resources Department or on Westnet.
WVMEA (Union) – Permanent, Full-Time
Hours of Work:
35 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
Rate of Pay:
$27.99 per hour - This position has a pay structure with five steps which increases based on the number of hours worked in the position.
11:59 p.m. January 30, 2022
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position. Please note that all candidates must apply through the Career Centre. This is an internal posting and only current District employees will be considered.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
If you have any questions please contact us at [email protected]
Location: 750 17th Street
West Vancouver BC V7V 3T3, West Vancouver, BC
Job Type: Full-time
Please Allow Popup for Apply Window