New Job Accountant In New Brunswick
Company : McCain Fertilizer, a division of McCain Produce Inc.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
Position Title: Accountant
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time
Position Location: Florenceville Produce
Grade: Grade 04
Requisition ID: 12855
For over 100 years, McCain Produce Inc., a private family owned company has been an industry leader in the potato and crop input businesses. This foundation plus its association with its parent company – McCain Foods Limited – provides McCain Produce with an unrivalled global reach. The end result: McCain Produce customers enjoy ”best practice” benefits unmatched by few others in the industry. From selling potatoes to providing top quality inputs to our grower partners, McCain Produce is truly an agricultural leader in the potato industry.
McCain Produce Inc. has an immediate opening for an Accountant to join the Finance & Administration Department. The position will be based at our office in the Florenceville-Bristol, NB area and report to the Manager Finance & Administration.
This is ideally suited for a highly motivated and determined professional.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Finance and Administration team in ensuring compliance with internal controls and policies
- Prepare and review various reports for the management and operations team
- Prepare financial analysis and key performance indicators
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly and year-end financial statements
- General accounting and administrative support
- Prepare various financial reconciliations and journal entries
- Review and update standard costs for inventory as required
- Perform other ad hoc accounting and reporting assignments as assigned
- Review and process accounts payable invoices and follow up with suppliers on any discrepancies
- Prepare and process invoices for customers, including following up with customers on overdue accounts and responding to customer inquiries
- Process wire payments, EFTs, and other manual payments
- Reconcile inventory
- Involvement in budgeting process
- Special projects and audits as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Accounting is preferred
- 2-3 years experience in accounting and administration (financial reporting, procedures and controls)
- Knowledge of accounting principles (GAAP)
- Detail oriented with the ability to work with speed and accuracy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and strong Excel skills required.
- Effective communication skills (both oral and written) with the ability to interact with multiple departments and all levels of the organization.
- Works well with team members and as an individual contributor depending on the need.
- Prior working knowledge in SAGE and ERP systems considered an asset.
- A high aptitude for systems and process improvement.
- Strong business acumen.
- Must be a self-motivated, analytical and independent thinker.
- Results focused. Bias towards action, able to synthesize multiple pieces of information and act decisively.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Interest in pursuing a professional accounting designation considered an asset.
- The health and safety of McCain employees and their families has been our number one priority since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. Supported by science, and in line with our culture and values, we believe that being vaccinated is the most effective way to protect each other, our families, our customers, and our communities. It is therefore a requirement that the successful candidate for this role be fully vaccinated and have completed the mandatory incubation period prior to the candidate’s start date with McCain, subject to reasonable accommodations if you are unable to be vaccinated for protected grounds under applicable human rights legislation (e.g. medical or religious reasons).
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: General & Administration
Division: McCain Produce & Fertilizer
Department: McCain Farms Office Administration
Location(s): CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Florenceville-Bristol
Company: McCain Fertilizer, a division of McCain Produce Inc.
Please Allow Popup for Apply Window