Quality Improvement and Evaluation Analyst
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $85,241 - $98,915 a year
Location : Yukon
This competition is for two (2) full-time term vacancies till March 31, 2023. This competition will be used to fill anticipatory permanent vacancies during the eligibility list period as well. Temporary assignments may be considered.
Reporting to the Director, Population and Public Health Evidence and Evaluation (PPHEE), this position is responsible for supporting, developing, coordinating, leading, and implementing quality improvement and evaluation functions within the branch and throughout the Department of Health and Social Services (HSS). This includes system transformation a strategic approach to continuous improvement focused on population and public health, social determinants of health, and a shift towards wellness in Yukon.
The Quality Improvement and Evaluation Analyst provides support and assists both internal and external shareholders understand Health and Social Services programs, their impacts and overall effectiveness by managing and undertake quality improvement and evaluation projects from planning to implementation and reporting. This position is required to lead, coordinate, and/or assist in the creation of quality improvement strategies and frameworks, literature reviews, project charters, process and outcome metrics and indicators, monitoring elements, clinical and other process pathways, client journey mapping, and the identification of quality improvement and risk management issues.
For additional information about this position please contact Laura Hillier, Director - Population and Public Health Evidence and Evaluation (PPHEE) at: [email protected]
*Refer to here for more information about preparing your resume for a Yukon Government posting *
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Master’s degree in a health or social science field with a quality improvement, evaluation or research focus;
- Experience engaging and facilitating large, diverse stakeholder groups, including First Nation governments;
- Experience planning, implementing, and reporting on quality improvement and / or evaluation projects;
- Experience collecting, analyzing, and interpreting both qualitative and quantitative data, and making recommendations to senior management; and,
- Experience in quality improvement and evaluation within a government setting is considered an asset.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability:
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written;
- Extensive experience facilitating and engaging internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to work effectively with quality improvement and evaluation frameworks, and metrics;
- Ability to assess and manipulate large data sets in order to make evidence-based decisions;
- Experience working with First Nation governments, non-government organizations, and other federal, provincial, and territorial governments; and,
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills.
Conditions of employment: Security clearance and valid class 5 driver’s licence or equivalent.
Job Requirements: Ability to travel both within and outside of the territory.
Explore Yukon and Whitehorse, YT
Find out what we offer our employees
See why Yukon government has been identified as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers since 2014