Camp Director/Vendor Camp Director (Summer 2022)
Company : Town of Newmarket
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
The Town of Newmarket is committed to taking every precaution reasonable in the circumstances for the protection of the health and safety of workers from the hazard of COVID-19. As a condition of being hired by the Town, employees including students and volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada or World Health Organization approved COVID-19 vaccine series, unless legally entitled to accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Reference Vaccination Policy.
Camp Director - Town Camps
Under the direction of the Recreation Programmer and Camp Coordinators, a Camp Director is responsible for the program planning, delivery and administration for camps including: overseeing staff, development and coordination of camps activities, first aid treatment, liaising with the Camp Coordinators and Recreation Programmer and other departmental program staff and responding to enquiries from participants, parents of participants and the general public.
Camp Director - Vendor Camps
Under the direction of the Recreation Programmer and Camp Coordinators, a Camp Director - Vendors is responsible for the delivery and administration for camps including: supervision of campers, supervision of camp activities, first aid treatment, liaising with the Vendor Company, Camp Coordinators, and Recreation Programmer and other departmental program staff and responding to enquiries from participants, parents of participants and the general public.
- The candidate will be paid according to the role they are performing.
- Post-secondary education in related discipline (such as Recreation and Leisure, etc.) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the planning and execution of day camp activities, working with children.
- Experience in a supervisory role in a related field
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with the general public, participants, parents/guardians of participants and staff.
- Excellent organizational skills and capable of dealing with multiple situations at once in a professional and courteous manner.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, instructional, written and program delivery skills.
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR-C certification required.
- Current High Five (Principles of Healthy Child Development) certification required.
- Safe Management or Crisis Prevention and Intervention certification required.
- Lifesaving Society’s Safeguard certification required.
- Due to the nature of the contacts of this position a Police Vulnerable Sector Check satisfactory to the Town (Those 18 Years & Older) or the completion of Declaration of Minors – Working with Vulnerable Individuals Self Declaration Form (Those 17 Years and Younger) is required.