New Job Administrative Support Services In Alberta
Administrative Support Services
Company : Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Salary : $50,821 - $54,857 a year
Location : Alberta
Beaverlodge (Alberta), Grande Prairie (Alberta)
CR-04 - SP-CK-04
$50,821 to $54,857
For further information on the organization, please visit Royal Canadian Mounted Police
For more information about the town of Beaverlodge, Alberta, you may visit the link. (Please note that this link is only available in English). http://www.beaverlodge.ca
For more information about the town of Grande Prairie, Alberta, you may visit the link. (Please note that this link is only available in English). http://www.cityofgp.com/
Closing date: 8 December 2021 - 23:59, Pacific TimeWho can apply: Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
As per the new Policy on COVID-19 Vaccination for the Core Public Administration Including the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, federal public servants in the Core Public Administration and members of the RCMP must attest to their vaccination status. The requirement for employees to be fully vaccinated applies whether they are teleworking, working remotely or working on-site. This is a condition of employment and it applies to indeterminate (permanent), determinate (term), casual, and student hiring. Should you reach the point in the selection process where it is necessary to verify terms and conditions of employment then the hiring manager or a human resources representative will contact you in order to complete an attestation.
Do you wish to better your odds at being considered? Then use the Screening Questionnaire wisely, by demonstrating how you meet the Education and Experience Criteria listed under “Essential Qualifications” and “Asset Qualifications” (other qualifications). Use concrete examples by using the STAR technique, describing:
- The Situation;
- The Tasks you were required to achieve;
- The Actions you took; and
- The Results of your actions.
ATTENTION: should your examples not be concrete enough or should they contain insufficient details, unfortunately, your application will be rejected. We will not contact you to obtain further information.
All communication relating to this process, including email correspondence and telephone conversations, may be used in the assessment of qualifications. Note: Written Communication Skills will be assessed throughout application.
The organization will accept applications on-line only. To submit an application on-line, please select the button 'Apply online' below.
Persons are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice. Applicants are asked to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
Intent of the process
At this time, there is one (1) vacancy in Grande Prairie, Alberta and one (1) vacancy in Beaverlodge, Alberta. Applicants are encouraged to apply ONLY if they are willing and able to work in or relocate to these locations.
This process will initially be used to staff one position on an indeterminate basis and to establish a pool of qualified candidates with various tenures (i.e. indeterminate, term, deployment, acting, assignment and secondment).
Should a Civilian Member (CM) be found qualified and selected for appointment, the appointment will not result in a change of status to the Public Service (PS) category for the CM. Information regarding the CM appointment will be sent to all applicable candidates who are within the area of selection and participated in the advertised process.
Positions to be filled: 2
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
- Candidates invited to an interview will be required to bring proof of their education credentials, in the form of a diploma or official transcript.
- Experience in providing records management services such as indexing, cross-referencing, filing, retrieving, retaining, archiving or destroying data.
- Experience in the provision of at least 3 administrative support services such as: data entry, ordering office supplies, processing mail, preparing documents such as correspondence or reports
- Experience providing service to internal or external clients / general public, via telephone or in person.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
If you possess any of the following, your application must also clearly explain how you meet it (other qualifications)
- Experience in maintaining a law enforcement database such as: Police Reporting Occurrence System (PROS) or Canadian Police Information (CPIC)
Grande Prairie Only
- Experience in using word-processing, PowerPoint, spreadsheets and/or database systems such as a Human Resources Management System or Financial management database.
- Experience in the provision of administrative, financial and/or operational support services in a police environment.
- Experience providing financial support services (services may include, but are not limited to, verifying and correcting financial claims, controlling and monitoring petty cash, preparing financial status reports, etc.)
- Willing and able to work in a busy police environment, including exposure to unsettling and/or graphic material.
- Willing and able to work overtime, as required.
- Willing and able to travel for work and/or training purposes using various modes of transportation (including owned or leased government transport).
Grande Prairie Only
- Willing and able to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Information on language requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively orally
- Ability to work in a stressful environment
- (Grande Prairie Only) Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail
- Thinking things through
- Working effectively with others
- Being organized
Conditions of employment
- RCMP Enhanced Reliability Status (ERS) security clearance.
Successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain a RCMP Security Clearance throughout their employment.
- All employees of the core public administration are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and attest to their vaccination status unless accommodated based on a medical contraindication, religion, or another prohibited ground for discrimination as defined under the Canadian Human Rights Act.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Information on employment equity
PLEASE NOTE: For this selection process, our intention is to communicate with applicants by e-mail for screening/assessment purposes (including sending invitations for assessments and issuing results).
Applicants who apply to this selection process must include in their application a valid e-mail address, and ensure this address is functional at all times and accepts messages from unknown users. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CANDIDATE TO ENSURE ACCURATE CONTACT INFORMATION IS PROVIDED AND UPDATED AS REQUIRED.
A random or top down selection of candidates may be used in the determination of those to be given further consideration in the assessment process.
Candidates from outside the federal public service will be required to pay for their own travel (including travel for assessment purposes), and may be required to pay for their own relocation expenses.
In accordance with paragraph 8(2)(a) of the Privacy Act, information or material, whether provided directly by the candidate or otherwise obtained by the selection board, used during the selection process for the purpose of assessing a candidate may be used as part of the selection review and recourse processes. Such relevant information may be provided to third parties, such as other candidates or their representatives, who have a legitimate reason to be aware of that information.
Candidates with foreign credentials must provide proof of Canadian equivalency. Consult the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials for further information at http://www.cicic.ca/.
Preference will be given to veterans first and then to Canadian citizens and permanent residents, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
Information on the preference to veterans
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please Allow Popup for Apply Window