New Job Word/Data Processing Clerk Iii - Criminal Records Unit Clerk In Alberta
Word/Data Processing Clerk III - Criminal Records Unit Clerk
Company : City of Edmonton
Salary : $25.44 - $31.90 an hour
Location : Alberta
The Edmonton Police Service (EPS) requires an efficient and motivated individual to update and complete electronic records of individuals criminally charged by the EPS. Responsibilities of this position include:
- Complete audits and correct charge and resulting court dispositions on the Data Management System (EPROS) and the Criminal Justice Information Management System (CJIM).
- Ensure complete and accurate reporting of charge and disposition information for persons criminally charged by the EPS using various databases and systems including Charge Tables, JOIN (Justice Online Information Network), EPROS and CJIM.
- Document Imaging and processing into AFIS for submission of paper based C216 reports to CCRTIS.
- Identify completed court files and resulting disposition information while recognizing and taking action to correct errors in EPROS, CJIM, and JOIN.
- Solve complex problems regarding Criminal Code related information, using EPROS, JOIN and CJIM.
- Make requests for clarification on criminal dispositions from all levels of the Court.
- Participate in Peer/Supervisor review of all work completed.
- Other related tasks as needed.
- Completion of the twelfth (12th) school grade including business subjects with emphasis on subjects related to the area of specialization or completion of an appropriate certificate program from an approved business school/college, and a minimum of three (3) year's progressively responsible experience in the area of criminal justice or related fields.
- A minimum of three (3) years of displayed progressive responsibility within a Policing, Court or Legal environment.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience using EPROS, CPIC and JOIN or other related databases.
- Advanced understanding of criminal charges and disposition as outlined by the Criminal Code of Canada.
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Attention to detail and ensuring all internal/external guidelines are adhered to while accurately processing and transporting large amounts of data.
- Ability to work independently and multitask in an environment with changing priorities.
- Ability to courteously and professionally work with employees at all levels of the EPS and with external partners and agencies.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Proven reliability with a consistent record of punctuality and attendance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Applicants may be tested.
- As part of your pre-hire screening you will be required to complete an Enhanced Security Clearance. Should you accept employment with the Edmonton Police Service you acknowledge and agree to participate in future Enhanced Security Re-Clearances at scheduled intervals or in any other circumstances, exigent or otherwise, as required by Human Resources Division.
COVID-19 Notice: New employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and be able to provide proof of vaccination. New employees who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (e.g. medical, religious) may request an exemption.
Hours of Work:
40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
21B, Salary Grade: 013, $25.44 - $31.90 (Hourly), $2,035.80 - $2,552.70 (Bi-Weekly), $53,135.42 - $66,625.99 (Annually). The rates quoted are in accordance with a collective agreement between the Union and the City of Edmonton.
- Civic Service Union 52 members are asked to send a copy of their application to the union office.
- The City of Edmonton thanks applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
- Please include a current resume and covering letter with your online application.
- Please note there will be no work from home accommodation for this position.
The Province of Alberta is a party to the Federal Agreement on Internal Trade, the Trade, Investment and Labour Mobility with British Columbia and the New West Partnership Trade Agreement with British Columbia and Saskatchewan. All of these agreements promote labour mobility between the Provinces. Applicants may obtain information regarding recognition of extra provincial credentials at www.newwestpartnershiptrade.ca.
HR CONSULTANT: DZ