New Job Unit Supervisor In Manitoba
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $64,721 - $87,851 a year
Location : Manitoba
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be established for future term and regular positions within WCFS programs such as; Family Services, Permanency Planning, Resources and Emergency Placement Resources.
This position is designated to comply with the Public Health Orders related to COVID-19 vaccination or testing requirement.
In accordance with The Child and Family Services Act, The Child and Family Services Authorities Act and The Adoption Act, Winnipeg Child and Family Services (WCFS) provides a comprehensive continuum of child protection and family support services in Winnipeg. WCFS partners with the community to provide supportive and preventative services to families; protection services to children at risk of abuse and neglect; develops and provides basic and specialized placement services to meet the needs of children in care; provides preservation and reunification services to families when reunification is no longer an option. WCFS is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the role Unit Supervisor which is a regular position.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Ciminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector check, Child Abuse Registry check, Adult Abuse Registry check, and Prior Contact check
- A valid class 5F driver's license, access to a vehicle and the ability to travel with Winnipeg
- Post secondary degree in social sciences (BSW, MSW preferred); an equivalent combination of education and related experience may be considered at a commensurate classification and salary
- Supervisory experience including: leading, developing and managing staff
- Experience providing case management services to children and families including: assessment, planning, implementation (including counselling), evaluation and closure
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with interpreting legislation including: The Child and Family Services Act, The Child and Family Services Authorities Act, The Adoption Act, and the Manitoba Child and Family Services Standards
- Knowledge of child development including the ability to assess when children are at risk of abuse and neglect
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish, engage and maintain strong relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Strong crisis intervention and conflict resolution skills
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage competing priorities to complete service within specified timeframes
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook)
Under the supervision of the Service Director and in accordance with the Child and Family Services Act, the Adoption Act, Provincial Standards and Branch principles of service delivery, the Unit Supervisor is responsible for providing dynamic professional leadership within the program function to provide and strengthen client services, to develop effective staff and work teams, and to ensure effective and efficient utilization of financial and human resources. The Unit Supervisor is responsible for providing leadership and support in a range of management and supervisory activities associated with service delivery including policy interpretation, case management, program and service development operational planning, financial and human resource management.
Who you are:
- You have excellent critical thinking skills, strong crisis intervention and conflict resolution skills, the ability to establish, engage and maintain strong relationships with multiple stakeholders and work collaboratively within a team environment.
What you will do:
- As a Family Service supervisor, you will report to a WCFS Service Director and provide dynamic leadership within the program. You will also provide and strengthen client services, develop effective staff and work teams, ensure effective and efficient utilization of financial and human resources.
- You will provide leadership and support in a range of management and supervisory activities associated with service delivery including case management, program and service development, policy interpretation and operational planning.
- You will manage Independent Living, Placement Desk and External Licensing services within the Resources Program.
What we offer:
- Professional development opportunities to strengthen and develop your leadership skills.
- Access to a strong and established team of leaders who will share their knowledge and expertise with you.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.