New Job Trackman In Alberta
Company : City of Calgary
Salary : $29.59 - $33.11 an hour
Location : Alberta
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary . City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits . Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life .
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
As a Trackman, you will perform heavy manual work involving construction, maintenance, inspection and repair of the light rail transit track and right-of-way facilities. Employees must adhere to safety regulations, the Rail Operation Rulebook, and established procedures of the work unit. Safety is of prime importance when operating or working around heavy equipment, moving trains and the overhead catenary. Responsibilities include:
- Maintain, construct and repair track and right-of-way, as required.
- Inspect track and right-of-way facilities.
- Complete preventative maintenance activities.
- Replace track components.
- Operate and maintain tools and equipment required to perform the assigned work, such as: basic "track" hand tools.
- Clean the right-of-way; perform switch duties as required.
- Participate in health and safety meetings; ensure that any defective equipment is reported immediately.
- Completion of some Grade 10 High School courses, including Math and English.
- At least 6 months of related experience (for example, in an outside general laborer or construction environment).
- A valid Class 5 Driver's Licence (or provincial equivalent) with no more than 6 demerits, and no current suspensions or charges pending.
- Applicants must be able to obtain a valid Class 3 Licence.
- Ability to obtain a City of Calgary operator's permit .
- Preference will be given to applicants with direct railway track construction experience.
- You demonstrate sound judgement in safety standards; strong communication skills; and the ability to carry out assignments based on directions given.
- A security clearance will be conducted.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
- Effective November 1, 2021, all City of Calgary employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For more information, please refer to COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
Pre-employment Drug Test: An offer of employment for this position will be conditional on an applicant passing a pre-employment drug test. This test assesses for use of drugs including cannabis. Failure to pass a pre-employment drug test may prevent an applicant from being hired into any safety sensitive position for a period of up to twelve months.
Union: ATU Local 583
Business Unit: Calgary Transit
Position Type: 6 Temporary (up to 1 year)
Location: 651Q 25 Avenue S.E.
Compensation: $29.59 - 33.11 per hour
Days of Work: This position works Friday to Monday,
from 10:00p.m. to 8:00a.m.
Hours of work: Non-standard 40 hour work week
Audience: Internal and External
Apply By: December 1, 2021
Job ID #: 304791
We value diversity of expertise, talent and opinion which creates an innovative and collaborative environment.
We are committed to a respectful and inclusive workplace and welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
Apply for Job