New Job Technologist 2 - D & G In Manitoba
Technologist 2 - D & G
Company : City of Winnipeg
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Under the general guidance of the Design and Construction Engineer, the Technologist 2 will conduct inspections, provide contract administration for Capital Projects, prepare designs and specifications for upgrading watermain and sewer projects and prepare cost estimates for Capital Projects.
As the Technologist 2 you will:
- Conduct inspections for compliance with specifications and Departmental standards for capital works, local improvements, and selected operations and maintenance projects.
- Provide resident contract administrator duties for a variety of Capital Estimate Projects undertaken by the Department.
- Prepare design and specifications for the upgrading, replacement and rehabilitating of watermain and sewer systems, and other projects as assigned.
- Prepare cost estimates for Capital Estimate Projects.
- Carry out field-testing, investigations and inspections, as required.
- Inspect work constructed under Development Agreements to ensure compliance with Departmental and City standards.
- Respond to construction enquiries from developers, the general public and other City departments.
- Provide contract administration services by processing contract documents such as progress estimates, contract change documents, certificates, cost summaries, and project correspondence.
- Review plans, specifications, and processes for conformance with Departmental and City standards.
- Represent the Department for capital works and local improvement projects assigned to consultants, including attendance at site meetings, reviewing and monitoring contract documentation and contract changes.
- Review drawings and specifications for in-house designs to ensure adequate and applicable construction standards, methods and materials are specified and to confirm bid ability and constructability.
- Undertake and record detailed field measurements of newly constructed infrastructure for the development of final record drawings.
- Perform other duties consistent with the classification, as required.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Must be a graduate in Engineering Technology (Technologist Diploma – Geomatics, Environmental, or Municipal preferred) from a recognized Institute of Technology, such as Red River College.
- Must be eligible for membership in C.T.T.A.M. (Certified Technicians & Technologists Association of Manitoba) as a Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) or Certified Applied Science Technologist (A.Sc.T.).
- A minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated experience in the planning and design of water, wastewater, and land drainage systems.
- Knowledge of the City’s water and sewer infrastructure and its operation.
- Knowledge about current municipal rehabilitation strategies and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out project work as directed and to prepare and complete required reports.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct surveys using a variety of technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret technical drawings, legal descriptions and specifications, pertinent to the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computer software including, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and AutoCad.
- Knowledge of the department’s standards and specifications.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively co-operate and communicate with co-workers.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, supervisors, management, other civic department personnel, external sources and the public, in accordance with the Respectful Workplace Standard.
- General knowledge and understanding of safe work practices.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s Licence.
- The successful applicant will be required to provide a reliable vehicle for fulfillment of job duties and transportation while on City business, subject to the terms and conditions of the City Transportation Policy.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented