New Job Systems Analyst In Manitoba
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $54,318 - $65,118 a year
Location : Manitoba
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
The Systems Analyst’s role is to support the proper operation of the Department’s information systems. The Systems Analyst liaises and works in conjunction with Departmental Technological teams (Business Transformation and Technology and the department’s Business Support Services Branch). The incumbent takes the lead in the review and assessment of all new business systems and/or maintenance requests for priority setting.Information and Technology Branch.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check, Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Post secondary degree major in Business Administration or Information Technology and related experience. An equivalent combination of education and work related experience may be considered, such as IT Software Certificate with experience in data management
- Experience operating an online business system such as development, implementation and maintainance of software applications
- Experience providing training and support related to software and software upgrades
- Experience providing system and maintainance support, consultation and advice to internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Effective written communication skills with the ability to prepare reports and recommendations
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to set priorities and meet tight deadline
- Ability to resolve technical concerns encountered by online end users
- Experience working collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to resolve conflict and establish effective collaborative working relationships with various stakeholders
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint and Adobe products)
- Knowledge of Manitoba licensed child care operations
The Systems Analyst is part of the ELCC information and technology team that provides support to internal and external users of ELCC’s IT platforms and broader technological requirements. The Systems Analyst is responsible for overseeing/providing a help desk function and for providing training for external and internal users of the branch’s primary IT platform.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.