New Job Survey Coordinator In New Brunswick
Company : New Brunswick Health Council / Conseil de la santé du Nouveau-Brunswick
Salary : $4,436 - $6,496 a month
Location : New Brunswick
$2218 to $3248 bi-weekly (Pay Band 5)
Application deadline: December 17, 2021 at noon
The New Brunswick Health Council (NBHC) is a provincial organization with a dual mandate of publicly reporting on the performance of the health system and engaging citizens in the improvement of health service quality.
As part of its work on measuring the performance of the health system, the NBHC manages two types of surveys: care experience surveys which focus on citizens' experiences with health services, and student wellness surveys that provide insight on health determinants pertaining to New Brunswick children and youth. Both types of surveys have been delivered on a three-year cycle and represent approximately 100,000 respondents combined. The NBHC surveys represent a rich source of standardized indicators and measures that inform on health service quality and population health in the province.
Under the authority of the Executive Director, Planning and Operations, the Survey Coordinator will manage all survey activities for the NBHC.
Principal tasks and responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Manage all survey projects conducted by the NBHC, including responsibility for project planning, project workflow, scheduling, and reporting on costs and progress
- Lead all aspects of survey planning, including preparing cost estimates, project timelines, and drafting of RFPs, Memorandum Of Agreement (MOA) and Memorandum Of Understanding (MOU)
- Coordinate the administration of the survey as per the RFP requirements and project timelines, and act as liaison between vendors, stakeholders and the NBHC research and policy analysts
- Manage the process of RFP appraisals and selection of vendors
- Manage the relationship with the vendor and stakeholders, which can include regional health authorities, hospitals, Medavie Health Services New Brunswick, school districts and other government bodies
- Coordinate and review the process of designing questionnaires and associated survey materials
- Develop and review communication material pertaining to the survey, in collaboration with the NBHC team
- Respond to calls and requests for information related to the surveys in consultation with the survey team
- Support the NBHC survey team, composed of research analysts, policy analysts and communication specialists
- University degree in business administration, project management or social sciences - or equivalent education and experience.
- Certification in survey project management (e.g. CIRPA, CMRA) or project management (e.g. PMP, CAPM) considered an asset
- At least 5 years experience in coordinating survey projects or large projects similar in nature
- Experience in survey design and analysis (questionnaire design, sampling, etc.) considered an asset
Skills / Abilities:
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritize workload, exercise independent judgement and work with competing demands to meet deadlines
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving capabilities
- Basic understanding of statistics
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills in English and French
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Microsoft Office, MS project or other project management tools and platforms
- Knowledge of SPSS or SAS considered an asset
The NBHC offers a competitive salary and benefit package as well as excellent opportunities for personal growth and challenge.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your résumé and cover letter quoting competition number 2021-NBHC-02, by December 17, 2021 at noon to:
Executive Director, Planning and Operations
Email: [email protected]
DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION VIA A JOB SITE - IT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF IT IS NOT SENT DIRECTLY TO THE EMAIL MENTIONED ABOVE.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we promote a scent-reduced environment. Applications received for this competition will be considered to fill future vacancies. Subject to the response to the competition, education and experience requirements may be raised.