New Job Senior Server Administrator In Saskatchewan
Senior Server Administrator
Company : Mariner Innovations
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
As one of the largest professional services firms in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of 200+ management and technology consultants working with our public and private sector clients throughout Atlantic Canada and beyond. Our team delivers specific strengths in the areas of digital transformation, digital health, organizational change management, and in key technical areas including cybersecurity, IT infrastructure, BI & Analytics.
To help in our planned growth, we are recruiting for a Server Administrator located in Regina, Saskatchewan. The Server Administrator will report to the Infrastructure Practice Lead and will work within clients’ existing teams to help with the design and implementation of various components of the VMware vSphere, Hyper-V, Microsoft Server, and Microsoft Azure cloud infrastructure. The resource will follow team standards based on current industry and security best practices for the configuration and implementations of server infrastructure.
- Design, implement, document, administer, and troubleshoot the enterprise server environment.
- Help prepare plans for development and installation of server and storage according to present and future requirements.
- Provide expert technical design, implementation, and administration of the Microsoft on premise Server environment and Azure cloud environment.
- Provide expert technical support with the VMware environment including but not limited to VMware vSphere and VMware Horizon.
- Provide expert technical support, design, and implementation on Microsoft Server and Hyper-V environments.
- Monitor, performance tune, troubleshoot and provide resolution of system problems to ensure system availability of client Senior Server Administrator Request for Proposal.
- Manage and maintain server disaster recovery including planning, implementation, maintenance, and testing.
- Manage and maintain the configuration, administration, upgrade, and maintenance of operational technology servers and related infrastructure.
- Interact with our user base (corporate and field employees) on an as needed basis regarding technology issues and escalations.
- Provide infrastructure architecture recommendations.
- Work with server patch management processes and procedures to facilitate deployment.
- Maintain systems integrity through change control and problem management procedures and communication with internal customers.
- Accomplish department objectives by leading staff, organizing, and monitoring work process.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures when carrying out position responsibilities.
- Attend and participate in team meetings.
- Work with the Enterprise and Solution Architecture team and other business leads to establish scalable server and storage solutions.
- Act as a representative of Information Systems.
- Minimum 7 years of recent and practical Server Administration experience.
- Minimum 5 years of recent and practical Senior Server Administration experience. Experience should incorporate cloud services.
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Cloud (0365, Azure) design, implementation, and administration.
- Proven proficiency in VMware vSphere design, implementation, and
- Proven proficiency in Hyper-V architecture, design, and implementation.
- Proven proficiency with server, storage, and cloud storage security best practices.
- Experience in influencing and establishing collaboration direction within an organization.
- Understanding of enterprise level on premise server and cloud architecture.
- Understanding of integrations of an on-premise environment and the cloud.
- North American job experience is an asset.
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world’s largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.