New Job Regional Lead Medical Services & Chief Medical Officer In Manitoba
Regional Lead Medical Services & Chief Medical Officer
Company : WRHA Corporate
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Requisition ID: 304265
Position Number: 20003729
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Site: WRHA Corporate
Work Location: Winnipeg Corporate
Department / Unit: Office of Clinical Services & CMO
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
The Regional Lead Medical Services represents the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority (WRHA), its vision, mission and values in all professional relationships and activities with all levels of the organization and the public. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring a collaborative, team oriented working relationship with the Chief Executive Officer, WRHA Board Members and Executive colleagues toward the goal of achieving excellence in client centered care, education and research in the WRHA.
Reporting directly to Chief Executive Officer and as a member of the Executive Management Team, the Regional Lead Medical Services is involved in strategic planning and decision making within their portfolio. The Regional Lead Medical Services provides organizational leadership on both strategic and operational issues. The Regional Lead Medical Services oversees the management of specific clinical service areas while supporting the integration of service delivery and new initiatives throughout the organization.
The Regional Lead Medical Services is responsible for the Medical Staff of the WRHA as defined in the WRHA Medical Staff Bylaw. This includes working with the Provincial Medical Administration Office to oversee the credentialing process and granting privileges to members of the Medical Staff, and overseeing the management of complaints against members of the Medical Staff. The Regional Lead Medical Services chairs the WRHA Medical Advisory Committee and actively participates as a member of the Provincial Medical Leadership Council and the Manitoba Clinical Leadership Council. The Regional Lead Medical Services also oversees the WRHA Medical remuneration budget and works with clinical service areas regarding contracts for Medical Staff. The Regional Lead Medical Services maintains close relationships with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Manitoba and Doctors Manitoba, and works closely with Manitoba Health and the Health Workforce Secretariat regarding Medical Staff human resources planning and remuneration.
- Fifteen (15) years of progressively senior management roles in the provision of health services delivery.
- Five (5) years of recent experience with program management, preferably in a large health region.
- Experience with the development, evaluation and implementation of strategic plans, preferably in a large public sector environment.
- Experience in project management complemented with demonstrated skills in continuous quality improvement activities.
- Demonstrated leadership skills within a multi-disciplinary healthcare team.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, and lead strategic change.
- High level communication and interpersonal skills.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Master’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Health Administration or equivalent an asset.
- Medical Degree.
- Process Improvement training, EXTRA Certification, or equivalents would be an asset.
- Medical license from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Manitoba.
Qualifications and Skills
- Operational knowledge of the full spectrum of medical services and programs.
- Knowledge of the regional health authority model.
- Knowledge of management principles for the public sector, private sector and not profit.
- Knowledge of clinical and non-clinical programs within healthcare.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to manage in a complex unionized environment.
- Diplomatic skills which include the ability to facilitate mutually beneficial solutions with various stakeholders are required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills within a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, develop and lead strategic change.
Salary is commensurate with education and qualifications.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Direct care workers are required to either be vaccinated for Covid-19 or to participate in on-going regular Covid-19 testing pursuant to Orders made under The Public Health Act C.C.S.M. c.P210. Successful applicants will be notified at the time of offer of the applicability of this requirement for this position.