New Job Project Engineer, Water And Wastewater (Open For Remote Locations) In Manitoba
Project Engineer, Water and Wastewater (Open for remote locations)
Company : WSP
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking an experienced Project Engineer, Water and Wastewater to join our Water and Wastewater, Infrastructure group located in Winnipeg Office.
Reporting to the Director of Water and Wastewater, Manitoba, this position will be responsible for working with multi-disciplinary teams to take advantage of innovative design solutions using staff across Canada to deliver from proposals through to constructed projects for clients in a wide variety of both Public and Private sectors.
WHY WSP and Why Winnipeg?
At WSP, we are passionate about water and wastewater, and our team excels at unique projects rooted in the scientific and engineering industry profile. Our Water and Wastewater business line consists of over 100 staff focused on delivering outstanding infrastructure projects, inclusive of research and development efforts, throughout Canada and beyond.
Locally, we have worked with municipalities, industries, and governments for over the last 30 years solving challenges- we are focused in bringing empirically-based solutions to our client while recognizing the need for practical work-life balances.
Flexibility - We recognize that our people are faced with multiple challenges, both in their professional & personal lives.
WSP has developed a Flexible Work Policy, designed to help our people manage their time on the job and support time away from work.
- A Canadian success story - a company that grew from humble roots in Quebec to a global, multinational powerhouse with over 48,000 employees worldwide;
- WSP’s commitment to being ™;
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than we were yesterday, for our employees, future employees, and our fellow Canadians, we're open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal, collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work.
Staff in the 10-year range of experience are the backbone of our business, and if you are passionate about what you do, passionate about the environment, passionate about sustainable development, passionate about your work-life balance, then we have a place for you!
A typical workday would include:
- Playing a key role in the design, and directing the design of a wide variety of water and wastewater conveyance projects, including pipelines, hydraulics, large and small pump stations, flood protection works, and treatment plant piping;
- Perform engineering calculations and assessments for treatment systems and/or conveyance systems ;
- Utilize engineering software in the analysis of process and/or plant analyses, including sizing, loading, chemical interactions, etc.;
- Developing strong client relationships based on your ability to deliver projects and provide trusted advice;
- Respond to client request for proposals;
- Write technical reports, maintain quality management practises;
- Edit specifications to suit project-specific requirements;
- Manage time spent on design tasks to meet established project-specific work plans;
- Working with BIM software to coordinate model and drawing preparation;
- Complete engineering assessments;
- Participate in national practice technical initiatives and mentorship opportunities, as requested;
- Keep detailed records of all work including design calculations and models;
- Occasional travel within Canada on occasion for site assessments and site support;
- Other duties as assigned, including contributing to the fun factor of the team!
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- An Engineering or a Graduate level degree from an accredited institution;
- 5+ years of work experience in an engineering environment;
- Professional Engineer registered with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba (EGM), or eligible to transfer registration to EGM;
- Passionate about working in the water and wastewater related engineering environment and possess a general knowledge of working with other disciplines;
- Technical skills should be municipal-related and any of the following skills would be considered preferred assets:
- Design of water, wastewater and drainage pump stations
- Designing water mains and wastewater collection infrastructure
- Experience in a full suite of hydraulic design software (Bentley, Innovyze, etc.)
- Planning and designing gravity sewers, water mains, reservoirs
- Hydraulic analysis
- Developing specifications and cost estimates;
- Proven written skills demonstrated through reports, letters, memoranda, and proposals;
- Proven verbal communication skills and able to articulate engineering concepts;
- Proven project management skills and a demonstrated understanding of the consulting engineering business;
- Valid driver’s license; and
- Community-minded and contributes to society – either within or outside of the engineering profession.
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment. You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.