New Job Policy Analyst In Yukon
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $85,241 - $98,915 a year
Location : Yukon
This is to fill one permanent and one six-month term position, both working 75 hours bi-weekly, and to create an eligibility list for future anticipatory permanent or term positions. Temporary Assignments will be equally considered with your supervisor’s prior approval.
Who we are…
At Yukon Housing Corporation (YHC), our vision is to deliver housing solutions that contribute to healthy, sustainable, inclusive communities.
Respect is our foundation - We build solutions - We are committed to a sustainable future
Reporting to the Director, Policy & Communications, as a Policy Analyst you will support YHC’s vision and values by developing policy, programs and project initiatives in support of Yukon Government’s and Yukon Housing Corporation’s goals, objectives and priorities. You will be responsible for corporate and legislative policy planning and development, research, options analysis, and preparation of briefing materials, policy submissions and reports. You will also support strategic planning and program evaluation, and work with a broad group of stakeholders and departments.
For more information regarding the recruitment process, please contact Nicole Rowett, Manager, Human Resources, at [email protected] or 867-456-6155.
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration will be based on the information you provide in your resume. For more assistance on how to write a resume for Yukon Government, please refer here
- Post-secondary degree in public administration, social science, law or a related field
- Experience providing strategic direction, advice, and recommendations on complex and diverse issues
- Experience researching, assessing, and developing policy options
- Experience coordinating policy processes within a government, NGO, or large organizational context
- Experience planning, leading, coordinating and/or facilitating multi-stage projects
- Experience with health or housing-related issues is an asset
Candidates who have education, training and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above will be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Strong two-way communication skills, both oral and written
- An excellent client service approach and the ability to establish and maintain effective internal and external relationships, partnerships and alliances
- The ability to deliver results while managing regularly shifting priorities and deadlines
- A strategic, innovative approach to planning and implementation
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team