New Job Peoplesoft Finance Module Coordinator In Manitoba
PeopleSoft Finance Module Coordinator
Company : City of Winnipeg
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Under the direction of the Manager of Financial Systems, the PeopleSoft Finance Coordinator is responsible for leading and coordinating activities related to the design, development and implementation of changes, upgrades, customizations and enhancements related to both the PeopleSoft Financial and Supply Chain Management (FSCM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems and the processes and procedures required to deliver on Finance strategic organizational goals. This position supports the Finance function to align with the business, to optimize the performance of the financial community, to fulfil fiduciary and financial responsibilities, to mitigate organizational financial risk, and to enable Finance executive decision making. This position is responsible for application support including configuring, designing, testing, implementing and supporting modules within Finance. In addition, this position is responsible for end user support, training, communications, and report development.
The Coordinator will play a fundamental role in engaging system users to ensure that the systems continue to meet the needs of all users. This position works closely with other Finance PeopleSoft Coordinators, Business Owners, and Technical staff in a fast paced, dynamic and results oriented environment and is accountable for contributing to the successful sustainment of the current PeopleSoft environment as well as the successful implementation of future enhancements.
As the PeopleSoft Finance Coordinator, you will:
- Research, analyze and develop system requirements for changes, upgrades, updates, customizations and enhancements.
- Lead and coordinate activities from the design and development, through to testing, training and implementing changes, upgrades, updates, customizations and enhancements to the PeopleSoft FSCM and EPM systems and related processes and procedures in order to deliver on Finance strategic organizational goals, and optimize system performance and business processes.
- Analyze, design and test new or changed processes and procedures and system integration techniques.
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts and scenarios in performing structured testing to ensure all processes work according to predetermined goals.
- Lead and coordinate testing, system and user acceptance testing for changes, upgrades, updates, customizations, enhancements, and any other changes.
- Develop and maintain effective cross-functional and cross-departmental communications with stakeholders.
- Develop training plans and training documentation for all end users and coordinate and facilitate end user training and support including module committee(s).
- Provide on-going delivery, maintenance, and support of operational processes and procedures necessary for the overall delivery of Finance programs and services.
- Provide timely frontline system expertise and software support to assist with user problems.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to a variety of Finance and Business initiatives and projects.
- Ensure all project documentation is complete, current and stored in the appropriate location.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Bachelor Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Commerce, Computer Science, or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Equivalency defined as: Five years of progressive work experience in a related field such as Accounting, Auditor, Programmer/Business/Budget/Systems Analyst, combined with two years working with large, integrated computer systems.
- Business Analyst Certificate and/or Professional Accounting Designation would be an asset.
- Three years of progressive work experience in a related field such as Accounting position responsible for accounting transactional processing or business/process analysis functions related to accounting transactional processing.
- Experience working with a large, integrated computer system (preferably with Finance modules) would be an asset.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of the applicable specific finance business function(s).
- Experience with, and proficient in the use of, Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and the aptitude to learn new systems. Ability to utilize advanced mathematical and statistical knowledge and the associated tools such as Excel.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills in order to analyze complex issues and to develop and implement practical solutions and tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of people including senior managers and frontline workers.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to define and prioritize projects and other priorities; able to multi-task (coordinate multiple projects, assignments and support activities simultaneously).
- Ability to tactfully render sound judgment and offer thoughtful advice within tight time frames under stressful working conditions with sometimes varied and extended hours.
- Ability to work independently as well as function effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to promote knowledge sharing across the team.
- Ability to build consensus, generate common understanding and create shared vision among diverse stakeholders and interests.
- Ability to provide leadership and direction to others and develop a creative and team- based work environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex material orally and in writing, including the ability to create high level/detailed documents, specifications, and training materials and to prepare and present business solutions and training sessions.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to champion business process and organizational change management.
- Detailed general knowledge of the City’s organization, business operations and management would be an asset.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful applicant at their expense.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented