New Job Maintenance Planner In Saskatchewan
Company : City of Saskatoon
Salary : $42.05 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
- Schedules and monitors Wastewater/Water Treatment Plant maintenance work for all trades.
- Provides training, and leadership to employees in the maintenance group.
- Plans, schedules, and coordinates Wastewater/Water Treatment Plant Maintenance plans and programs. This also involves planning, coordinating, developing job plans and completion reports on Maintenance shutdowns.
- Assists the Maintenance Manager with budgeting for the Maintenance program.
- Supports the plant buyers in procurement of materials for planned maintenance jobs.
- Participates in weekly meetings with Maintenance Manager and Foremen to discuss weekly job planning and prioritization.
- Assists with the identification and development of standard operating practices for job execution.
- Assists the Water Maintenance Manager with defining and prioritizing Maintenance work and projects including business cases and budget justification.
- Assists with development and management of work order and preventative maintenance programs.
- Demonstrates safe work practices by developing job plans that in line with Plant defined safe work processes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Journeyman in a related field and five years of demonstrated leadership experience including four years’ wastewater / water treatment experience.
- A degree in a related field and five years of demonstrated leadership experience including plant experience acting as a maintenance planner.
- Certification as a Maintenance Management Professional, Asset Management Professional, or Project Management Professional.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, valid, recognized first aid and CPR certificates.
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver's Licence.
- Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record.
- Considerable knowledge of practices related to the Maintenance and operation of equipment and materials used in Plant Maintenance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams and SharePoint.
- Proficient in Enterprise Resource Planning Tool (SAP).
- Knowledge of wastewater/water treatment procedures, operations and general practices applied to the care and safe operation of the plant equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Physical ability to perform the assigned duties.
$42.05 per hour (2019 rates)