New Job Maintenance Person In Yukon
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $33.11 an hour
Location : Yukon
This is for a permanent part-time position (40 hours bi-weekly). This competition may also be used to fill anticipatory permanent full-time positions within the eligibility period.
Our philosophy of care is:
“Every action and decision performed by this position is founded on respect for the residents,
for the promotion of their dignity, individual freedom, choice and lifestyle, and meaningful quality living.”
The goal of the Maintenance Person position is to perform a wide variety of building maintenance functions so that Continuing Care facilities remain functional and safe for residents, employees, and the public.
You’ll be part of a supportive team environment reporting to the Manager of Support Services. Duties will be performed in accordance with the established standards of the facilities, and will include other related duties. This is not a regular supervisory role, however, the position is required to direct casual labourers from time to time.
For more information about this posting or the recruitment process, please contact Deirdre Monaghan, Human Resources Consultant at (867) 334-8165 or email [email protected]
Please do not email resumes to email addresses above. Resumes may only be accepted through E-Recruitment. To create your eRecruitment account press here to be redirected to the Yukon government employment site.
*Refer here for more information about preparing your resume for Yukon Government postings. *
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Knowledge and skill in a wide variety of building maintenance functions, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, heating or other building maintenance work;
- Experience diagnosing trouble in all types of building systems and determining the proper methods, tools, supplies and equipment for maintenance repair, including the maintenance and completion of required work records; and,
- Experience coordinating maintenance, repair work, and installation of equipment with other trades personnel and/or contractors.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability:
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Effective communication and problem solving skills;
- Ability to manage a building maintenance caseload;
- Ability to work independently;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; and,
- Ability to instruct facility staff in the facilities’ emergency procedures.
Conditions of Employment:
Vulnerable Sector Security Clearance;
Valid Class 4 Drivers Licence or equivalent;
Workplace Hazardous Materials and Information System 2015 (WHMIS 2015); and,
Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Certificate.
Exposure to animals in the pet therapy program;
Exposure to second-hand smoke;
Exposure to latex products;
Exposure to plants/flowers;
Shift work, evenings, weekends, statutory holidays;
Heavy lifting and bending; and,
Standard approved safety footwear required.