New Job Immunization Practice Consultant In Yukon
Immunization Practice Consultant
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $85,241 - $98,915 a year
Location : Yukon
This is an until-filled competition. Candidates are encouraged not to delay submitting their application as this posting may close at any time with 24-hours posted notice. Resumes will be screened at regular intervals until the position is filled or the competition closes, whichever is earliest.
This posting will be used to fill one 2-year term position working 75 hours bi-weekly. This competition will also be used to fill anticipatory permanent positions that may become available.
Reporting to the Manager, Yukon Immunization Program, this position is responsible to develop, coordinate and provide initial and ongoing training for all vaccine preventable diseases to educate, develop and improve competencies of health care professionals in the territory to ensure they meet or exceed immunization standards required to function in their role.
The Yukon Immunization Program provides vaccine related training, support and guidance to all health care providers and immunizers across the territory including pharmacists, nurses, physicians and other relevant disciplines to be knowledgeable vaccine providers.
The Immunization Program Practice Consultant identifies best practice resources required to meet program objectives, provides recommendations to program managers, and delivers educational support for practice and liaises with internal and external education and learning management systems. The incumbent in collaboration with the Manager of the Yukon Immunization Program, Director of Community Health Program and Clinical Care Managers is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating training and educational program. In addition, this position will support the vaccine safety file for the territory, participate in national working groups, plan immunization campaigns and develop resources for health care providers and the public.
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact Deirdre Monaghan, Human Resources Consultant at (867) 334-8165 or e-mail [email protected]
Please do not email resumes to email address above; resumes may only be accepted through eRecruitment. To create your eRecruitment account to apply select this link here
*Refer to here for more information about preparing your resume for a Yukon Government posting*
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. For more information on how to apply click here.
- Current Canadian licensure as a Registered Nurse;
- Experience in public health, with prior experience administering vaccines an asset; and,
- Experience in providing health education to the public and/or health professionals.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability:
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Willingness and ability to advocate public health issues (i.e., health services and access, immunization coverage)
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, organization and flexibility;
- Excellent ability to build and maintain effective relationships and partnerships through collaboration;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work autonomously and also within a multi-disciplinary team environment; and,
- Commitment to excellent client service.
Conditions of Employment:
- Valid class 5 driver’s licence or equivalent;
- Security clearance with vulnerable sector;
- TB Screening; and,
- Current Yukon registration and licensure
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs
Explore Yukon and Whitehorse, YT
Find out what we offer our employees and why you will want to work for us
See why Yukon government has been identified as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers since 2014