New Job Housing Coordinator In Nunavut
Company : Nunavut Government
Salary : $70,083 - $79,521 a year
Location : Nunavut
This is a Highly Sensitive Position and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, along with a clear Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
This employment opportunity is restricted to Nunavut Inuit in Iqaluit only.
Reporting to the Manager, Finance, the Housing Coordinator (Coordinator) is responsible for providing full-time property management services of residential property owned or leased by Iqaluit Health Services, Department of Health, Government of Nunavut in Iqaluit. The Coordinator is also responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient asset management, lease management, inventory control, building security, janitorial services, and reporting.
Located in Iqaluit, this position is responsible for managing all the units and buildings collectively known as the Iqaluit Health Programs transient housing accommodations. The Coordinator assumes responsibility for the operations for transient staff housing property. The function is to ensure compliance with recognized landlord-tenant standards and practices and make recommendations to the Senior Leadership Team on compliance with various stakeholders and will develop, evaluate, and implement procedures to ensure that the government’s goals are achieved.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this job are usually obtained through a high school diploma, along with two (2) years of related experience in property management. A valid driver’s license is also a requirement.
Equivalencies that consist of an acceptable combination of education and experience may be considered.
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktitut (Inuinnaqtun), English and French. The ability to communicate in more than one of Nunavut’s official languages is an asset. Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an asset.
An eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Applicants may submit their resume in the Official Language of their choice.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.