New Job Home Care Attendant - Male -S2 St. Boniface Team In Manitoba
Home Care Attendant - Male -S2 St. Boniface Team
Company : WRHA Community Health Services
Salary : $19.37 an hour
Location : Manitoba
Requisition ID: 303862
Position Number: 20074819
Posting End Date: November 29, 2021
Site: WRHA Community Health Services
Work Location: Access St. Boniface
Department / Unit: S2 St. Boniface Team
Job Stream: Clinical
Union: MGEU-HC Support
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days;Weekends
Annual Base Hours: 2080
Salary: $19.371, $19.813, $20.254, $20.659, $21.075, $0.00
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
The Home Care Program helps individuals remain in the familiar environment of their own home by providing health services or assistance with activities of daily living.
Performs assigned tasks for clients which may include personal care, ambulation, transfer, positioning, ensuring medication is taken as directed, feeding and toileting as well as housekeeping, laundry, client nutritional intake and client supervision as identified in Care Plan. Follows protocol for routine practice and maintaining a safe and sanitary environment. Organizes work according to client needs and assigned tasks. Maintains accountability by working with program guidelines, and observing and reporting changes in client conditions to the Resource Coordinator, and maintain client confidentiality. Complete and submits timesheets, mileage reports and other documentation as required.
- Recent experience working with the elderly and/or physically disabled an asset.
- Satisfactory employment record required.
- Requires a Health Care Aide/Home Care Attendant certificate from an educational institution recognized by the WRHA.
- Equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered.
- Valid driver's license and vehicle required in order to make home visits to various clients in the community.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a community setting and to function as a team member.
- Ability to travel between assignments in a community area to several private homes of clients within Winnipeg and surrounding areas and to adapt to changes in scheduling on short notice required.
- This position is also subject to TB Immunization or Tuberculin testing as per WRHA policy.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Direct care workers are required to either be vaccinated for Covid-19 or to participate in on-going regular Covid-19 testing pursuant to Orders made under The Public Health Act C.C.S.M. c.P210. Successful applicants will be notified at the time of offer of the applicability of this requirement for this position.