New Job Gis/Cad Technician In Saskatchewan
Company : Associated Engineering Group of Companies
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
We are on the lookout for a talented GIS/CAD Technician to join our team in Prince Albert. You will join the Prince Albert Infrastructure team in the design and drafting of civil infrastructure projects for both private and public sector clients. You will also be responsible for GIS tasks including, but not limited to, desktop mapping, data transformation, data processing, data management, field data collection, map figures, and creating/updating on-line GIS web data.
You may also do work site visits and assist in surveying and other field work as required. You will provide support to other members of our team while working on a variety of projects in a collaborative team environment. You will lead by example and apply new perspectives on technology use and the efficient application of technology.
You are forward thinking and will engage fellow discipline members to improve overall team performance and client service. As part of the Prince Albert office, you will report to the Prince Albert Division Manager within the SK-MB Operation.
What you will bring:
- Degree or diploma in GIS, Civil Engineering Technology, or Engineering Design & Drafting Technology from an accredited post-secondary institution
- Advanced GIS software knowledge
- Proven experience with ArcGIS or Manifold GIS software
- Proven experience with civil design software, such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and/or Revit
- Knowledge of geographic coordinate systems and projections
- Knowledge of various GIS data formats
- Proven analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience working in the field is an asset
- Programming experience is an asset
- Experience with relationship databases is an asset
- Experience with LiDAR data sets and raster images is an asset
- GPS survey equipment experience is an asset
- Possess a valid class 5 driver's license
- Available to travel on occasion
Everyone has their own unique talents, skills, and background. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, let us know why you’d be a great fit for this role!
What we offer:
- Flexible working arrangements, including flex time and remote working options
- Competitive salary and benefits, including health coverage, dental coverage, use of our Employee and Family Assistance Program, and company pension program that matches your contributions
- Culture that promotes accessibility and respect, through our company-wide Diversity & Inclusion Committee, WISER Committee, Accessibility Task Force, and other initiatives
- Culture that promotes sustainability, through our numerous local Eco-Action Committees, and company-wide Climate Change training
- Ongoing support for your professional development and personal growth through our Mentoring Program, Continuing Professional Development training hours, professional designation support, and Young Professionals Club
- Work environment that focuses on your health, safety, and overall wellness, including our local Wellness Clubs, and annual Fitness Allowance. The safety of our employees is paramount. We are also COR® (Certificate of Recognition) safety certified
- An active Social Club, Book Club, and other social and networking opportunities (including our biennial company-wide Olympics), Lunch-and-Learns, and community volunteer initiatives
We are confident that you will achieve your career and personal goals at Associated Engineering. Check out our further career opportunities and learn more about us here: www.ae.ca.
Job Type: Full-time