New Job Front Desk Attendant (Winter Or Year Round) In British Columbia
Front Desk Attendant (Winter or Year Round)
Company : Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing
Salary : $17.50 - $18.50 an hour
Location : British Columbia
Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing is seeking a hardworking and entrepreneurial individual to fill the role of Front Desk Attendant for our upcoming winter season with an opportunity to transition into year-round employment.
Summary of Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for check-ins, including monitoring room blocks and juggling as necessary while coordinating with Housekeeping the progress of room readiness.
Front Desk Attendants communicates with guests to ensure guest satisfaction, reviews credit, meals, wake-up calls, bag pull, and other details pertinent to group stay.
The role is also responsible for various clerical tasks associated with the Front Desk, such as key filing, credit card authorization and registration card filing, and maintaining a neat and business-like atmosphere at the Front Desk. Front desk team members also perform guest accounting functions including taking advance payments and providing receipts, checking guests out, posting and transferring charges, balancing of float and shift detail at shift close, and conducting necessary paperwork related to corrections, adjustments, posting of charges etc.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience and/or education in customer service
- General office experience
- Attention to detail
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Polished presentation and high level of grooming
- Second language considered an asset
Benefits of employment include
- Competitive wage of $17.50 - $18.50 per hour (dependant on experience)
- Season completion bonus of $1.00 per hour worked paid out in April 2022
- Subsidized fully furnished staff accommodation in private room or residence ($500-550 per month)
- Staff rate for on-site massage therapy
- Family and friends’ discounts
- Unlimited free skiing at Marmot Basin Ski Resort in Jasper
- Multiple opportunities to go heli-skiing/boarding for free throughout the season
- Complementary recreational opportunities such as fat biking, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, skating
- Numerous volunteer opportunities within the community
- Discounted rates at various hotels in Kamloops, Jasper, and Vernon
- Staff meal plan/ Restaurant Discounts
- 30 % off retail items in our world-class boutique
- Guaranteed adventure!